Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alderlie, Adamstown, Lucan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Paulzp

I also concerned about Management company and fees. Developer said it would be AROUND 500-600 but also COULD VARY.
    I would insist to specify maximum fee in contract to avoid situation when they will decide to go from 500-600 to 900-1000 or even more (WHY NOT?!)

Here some info about Management Companies from citizens information:

Service charges

"The company must establish a scheme for annual service charges to pay for the maintenance, insurance and repair of common areas within its control and for the provision of common services (for example, security) to unit owners. The initial charge may be set without holding a meeting of the members but, in general, these charges must be approved by a general meeting of the members. If over 75% of the members do not approve the proposed charge, the existing charge must remain in place.

The service charge may not be used to pay for matters that are the responsibility of a developer or builder unless this is agreed in writing by 75% of the members of the company. This approval may only be given if 65% of the units are sold and can only come into effect 3 years after the transfer of ownership of the common areas to the owners’ management company.

Unit owners are obliged to pay the service charge (including developers in the case of unsold units).The service charge must be calculated on a transparent and fair basis and expenditure must be properly recorded."

P.S. I can't post links as new user

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Management fees cannot be fixed, they are a percentage of the development budget, which some years will need to be higher than others. Sounds like you need to do a lot of reading about the rights and responsibilities of owning in a managed development.

Management fees are service fees for garbage disposal, keeping area clean and so on... isn't it?
    So it is not a development budget, right?
    Can we control how fees could be set (actual amount)? Or it could be set to any amount by developer/management company?

Paulzp wrote: »
    Management fees are service fees for garbage disposal, keeping area clean and so on... isn't it?
    So it is not a development budget, right?
    Can we control how fees could be set (actual amount)? Or it could be set to any amount by developer/management company?

The owners are the management company for starters. The directors set a budget, costs include common area maintenance, landscaping, insurance, refuse, common area lighting, fire safety, audit fees and the list goes on and on. None of those expenses are fixed. The budget needs to be approved by the agm, which all owners are entitled to attend and vote at as long as they are paying fees

Athtrasna, thank you for information!

The_Conductor mentioned on page 3:

"A developer may seek a management contribution from residents/owners- in cognisance of ongoing maintenance etc- during the development/construction phase- and this particular developer has in the past sought fees of 1,800-2,200 annual management charges- which would be considered to be on the low side of normal."

I understand this as new owners financially helping developer to maintain development for future residents.
    So potentially we could get some kind of sign in bill ("join fee"), which could be surprisingly big (2-2.5k). Surprise!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 sharkufc

Athtrasna, thank you for information!

The_Conductor mentioned on page 3:

"A developer may seek a management contribution from residents/owners- in cognisance of ongoing maintenance etc- during the development/construction phase- and this particular developer has in the past sought fees of 1,800-2,200 annual management charges- which would be considered to be on the low side of normal."

I understand this as new owners financially helping developer to maintain development for future residents.
    So potentially we could get some kind of sign in bill ("join fee"), which could be surprisingly big (2-2.5k). Surprise!

This matter is really interesting. I think you are right, it's better to ask to include the initial fee in the contract such that everything else should be done in respect of the laws.
    As for the Alderlie's management company fees, ,they gave me a list of prices when I booked the house. Here it is:

Type           |       Sqft    | Estimated avg per annum
    =========================================================
    1A,1B,4,5,6,7  |  1108-1140    |      €540.00
    2,8            |  1238-1259    |      €570.00
    3              |  1410         |      €620.00
    9              |  958          |      €500.00
    10             |  1500         |      €640.00

sharkufc wrote: »
    This matter is really interesting. I think you are right, it's better to ask to include the initial fee in the contract such that everything else should be done in respect of the laws.
    As for the Alderlie's management company fees, ,they gave me a list of prices when I booked the house. Here it is:

Type           |       Sqft    | Estimated avg per annum
    =========================================================
    1A,1B,4,5,6,7  |  1108-1140    |      €540.00
    2,8            |  1238-1259    |      €570.00
    3              |  1410         |      €620.00
    9              |  958          |      €500.00
    10             |  1500         |      €640.00

Exactly. They have a power to set up initial management fees and some "join fee". Afterwards we could increase (or decrease?) it.
    So my point is to specify in contract exact initial management fee and "join fee" (if they are going to introduce it).

If above fees would not be specified in contract then they would be able to charge us whatever they want (subject to greedy :)

People buying in Alderlie!
    I don't have contract yet, but I saw similar contracts and can say they often contain hidden charges and tricks from developer.
    Let's coordinate for negotiating contracts. Once single buyer will insist on fair contract - it could be refused by developer, but if every (at least few or a lot) buyer will insist on fair contract without hidden tricks then developer would not be able to refuse it.

People buying in Alderlie!
    I don't have contract yet, but I saw similar contracts and can say they often contain hidden charges and tricks from developer.
    Let's coordinate for negotiating contracts. Once single buyer will insist on fair contract - it could be refused by developer, but if every (at least few or a lot) buyer will insist on fair contract without hidden tricks then developer would not be able to refuse it.

I wouldn't be so sure, supply still not keeping up with demand. The developer will easily find another buyer, pick your battles and a good solicitor should be able to deal with any issues.

athtrasna wrote: »
    I wouldn't be so sure, supply still not keeping up with demand. The developer will easily find another buyer, pick your battles and a good solicitor should be able to deal with any issues.

I guess it is better to try than sign unfair contract ("blank paper").
    If developer would refuse fair contract then it would mean they have their greedy plans.
    In that case it would be a matter of principle for me to visit next phase openings and advertise developer's unpredictable charges to potential buyers.

• Advertisement

I guess it is better to try than sign unfair contract ("blank paper").
    If developer would refuse fair contract then it would mean they have their greedy plans.
    In that case it would be a matter of principle for me to visit next phase openings and advertise developer's unpredictable charges to potential buyers.

Why are you determined to see the worst. Developers are not necessarily greedy, and referring to any specific developer in this way may leave you (and boards)open to legal action - please don't do this.

When you get your contract, your solicitor will go through it with you, this is what you are paying them for. Trust them to resolve the issues. Like I said before you also need to read up on the rights and responsibilities of owning in a managed development and know these before you sign the contract.

Why are you determined to see the worst.
    Because I saw a contract.
    Developers are not necessarily greedy,
    They are (it is just a business, question of profit)
    and referring to any specific developer in this way may leave you (and boards)open to legal action - please don't do this.
    We are living in free country, so I can discuss whatever I want, it is legal.

When you get your contract, your solicitor will go through it with you, this is what you are paying them for. Trust them to resolve the issues.
    Not always true. Very often solicitors are very hard to reach (ignoring phone calls and emails). All they need from you is fee (again, just business).
    Like I said before you also need to read up on the rights and responsibilities of owning in a managed development and know these before you sign the contract.
    Could you please share your knowledge. Approve or disapprove my thoughts about unpredictable initial management fee and "join fee".

Thank you.

We are living in free country, so I can discuss whatever I want, it is legal.

As per the terms of use you signed up for when you created your account, Boards.ie is not a free country and posters are not permitted to post in any way that will leave the site open to legal action.

Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Cober17

Hi all,

I just got my snag letter yesterday and I wonder if any of you can recommend a snagger
    by PM

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 NiamhMc626

Hi anybody that has bought in alderlie have they applied for the help to buy scheme and does the revenue let u know how much of a refund your getting back so u know how much is going towards your deposit of the house?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Kyia76

NiamhMc626 wrote: »
    Hi anybody that has bought in alderlie have they applied for the help to buy scheme and does the revenue let u know how much of a refund your getting back so u know how much is going towards your deposit of the house?

Castlethorn is not on the Revenue list , yet . I think you're not entitled for anything till they will be registered Qualifying contractor

Kyia76 wrote: »
    Castlethorn is not on the Revenue list , yet . I think you're not entitled for anything till they will be registered Qualifying contractor
    They were giving leaflets on open viewings with Help-To-Buy description and exact sum needed for each house type (taking HTB into account).

Castlethorn is in the "List of Qualifying Contractors" on Revenue web site at the moment.

P.S.
    Actually "Castlethorn Developments (Belarmine)" is in the list, but on the official Adamstown Alderlie webiste www.alderlie.ie they has a link to www.castlethorn.ie where they call themselves as "Castlethorn Construction". So I'm not sure it is the same developer

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Kyia76 wrote: »

They are on this afternoon's Revenue List (I've attached a copy for your information).

You should be good to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Kyia76

They are on this afternoon's Revenue List (I've attached a copy for your information).

What I understand from that list is that they are registered for that site only as it's on brackets ... Maybe I'm wrong, but your solicitor, would know better

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

has anyone got the copy of their contract yet - to submit their claim for HTB?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Cober17

has anyone got the copy of their contract yet - to submit their claim for HTB?

Hi bittihuduga, I haven't received yet, but I got a letter from the builder solicitor 3 weeks ago where they apologise for the delays and, they explained the delay was due some internal restructuring arrangements in its organisation.
    In the same letter they estimate 2-3 weeks to have everything sorted out and then interchange the contracts. Now, the 3 weeks period already passed so, I don't know what the status at this point.

I hope it will be solve shortly because if I'm not wrong, those people who paid the deposit last year must submit the HTB grant before the 31st of March (please don't alarm and confirm this info first because I'm not 100% sure about it)

Please let me know if you have additional information

Btw, I called the snagger you recommended me and he seems to be very nice, thanks...

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TheUnderfaker

Cober17 wrote: »
    I hope it will be solve shortly because if I'm not wrong, those people who paid the deposit last year must submit the HTB grant before the 31st of March (please don't alarm and confirm this info first because I'm not 100% sure about it)

Ok that's terrified me! Can anybody confirm/disprove this? Where did you hear that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 NiamhMc626

Thanks a mill 😊

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

NiamhMc626 wrote: »

If you have been working in Ireland for last 4 years, have a decent income and have paid tax I would bet my bottom dollar you will be getting 5% of house price (15k for 300k house,adjust your figure as necessary)

Max is 20k but I don't think there are any 400k houses)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 judy80

Hi All,

We had the snagging yesterday and I am very disappointed as our garden is a slope. We wont be able to put in a shed, or trampolin or would be able to play ballgames with our little boy or anything like that.
    My question: What do you think we could do about it? I don't think it is fair. In order to get it levelled, a huge amount of ground should be taken which is a major work and would also delay our move in date. Also I dont want to pay for it.

judy80 wrote: »
    Hi All,

We had the snagging yesterday and I am very disappointed as our garden is a slope. We wont be able to put in a shed, or trampolin or would be able to play ballgames with our little boy or anything like that.
    My question: What do you think we could do about it? I don't think it is fair. In order to get it levelled, a huge amount of ground should be taken which is a major work and would also delay our move in date. Also I dont want to pay for it.

Could you please share where your house located (street/house type/number). I'm worrying about our booked house.

Thanks.

Could you please share where your house located (street/house type/number). I'm worrying about our booked house.

Thanks.

It is type 1 in Stratton Lawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TheUnderfaker

Hi All,

If the snaggers flagged it then I would get in touch with the builder and ask them why is it on a slope. If the builder doesn't give you a satisfactory answer (ie - it shouldn't be on a slope and we will fix it for you!!!) I would go straight to my solicitor to see what can be done.

It sounds very strange to have a garden on a slope, never mind how severe your slope sounds!

If the snaggers flagged it then I would get in touch with the builder and ask them why is it on a slope. If the builder doesn't give you a satisfactory answer (ie - it shouldn't be on a slope and we will fix it for you!!!) I would go straight to my solicitor to see what can be done.

It sounds very strange to have a garden on a slope, never mind how severe your slope sounds!

Thanks, will try.
    Our neighbours have the same problem. They also have a big puddle in the garden due to the angle of the slope. When it is rainy, it will be like that all the time, which is completely bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

It is type 1 in Stratton Lawn.

we have the same issue. our snagger has raised the issue. lets see what they say

Advertisement