Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alderlie, Adamstown, Lucan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Cober17

we have the same issue. our snagger has raised the issue. lets see what they say

I am worried now. Is your house a par or odd number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Cober17 wrote: »
    I am worried now. Is your house a par or odd number?

Please contact the OP by PM, queries like this are inadvisable on a public forum.

Mod

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

If you guys have had the property and the sites surveyed- has the surveyor suggested what remedial action is appropriate and how to address it?

What you're suggesting sounds like something eminently fixable- at little cost (its 40 quid for a load of topsoil- and perhaps a couple of hundred quid for a gardener with a shovel and a wheelbarrow).........?

I appreciate fully that you're aghast that your garden has an improbable slope- or a dip- or an unusual shape- however, these issues are far from unusual- people have been addressing these type issues forever. The developer is trying to get these out the door- which is why there are all the stipulations about no modifications whatsoever- they want a vanilla plan they can apply across the board- and probably weren't planning on any site remediation or landscaping for private gardens...........

I spent a few days in a garden recently- and 2 trailer loads of topsoil- 'fixing' a 40 degree slope (the owner has 3 kids under the age of 5 and was worried about allowing them play in the garden). The only part of the job that involved any thinking outside the box- was galvanised stakes at the bottom of the garden to prevent slippage etc.

What you're describing- does involve a little bit of work- but its very very doable- I'd be talking to the developer about getting it addressed myself if the developer wasn't going to do it- now, rather than when the property is finished- its a hell of a lot easier to address it now, than leave it for later........

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭iwantthat

Congratulations to all who were able to buy the houses in Alderlie. I went on viewings and they are lovely built. Unfortunately, didn't have my paperwork sorted so couldn't put a deposit down. I was told there is another phase in the plan. Does anyone know when it is going to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 judy80

If you guys have had the property and the sites surveyed- has the surveyor suggested what remedial action is appropriate and how to address it?

What you're suggesting sounds like something eminently fixable- at little cost (its 40 quid for a load of topsoil- and perhaps a couple of hundred quid for a gardener with a shovel and a wheelbarrow).........?

I appreciate fully that you're aghast that your garden has an improbable slope- or a dip- or an unusual shape- however, these issues are far from unusual- people have been addressing these type issues forever. The developer is trying to get these out the door- which is why there are all the stipulations about no modifications whatsoever- they want a vanilla plan they can apply across the board- and probably weren't planning on any site remediation or landscaping for private gardens...........

I spent a few days in a garden recently- and 2 trailer loads of topsoil- 'fixing' a 40 degree slope (the owner has 3 kids under the age of 5 and was worried about allowing them play in the garden). The only part of the job that involved any thinking outside the box- was galvanised stakes at the bottom of the garden to prevent slippage etc.

What you're describing- does involve a little bit of work- but its very very doable- I'd be talking to the developer about getting it addressed myself if the developer wasn't going to do it- now, rather than when the property is finished- its a hell of a lot easier to address it now, than leave it for later........

When you buy a house with garden, you do not buy a house with a slope, especially when you have small kids. It is not what you pay for and I do think, the developer should fix this.
    It is simply not fair. We paid extra 5k for south facing garden. I didnt think it would be a south facing slope.
    They said everything will be as per showhouse.
    Showhouse garden is flat....

• Advertisement

Hi all,

Any news about the contract interchange in order to submit the HTB???

I was checking the revenue web page and the builder doesn't appear on the list of the companies qualified. It does appear Castlethorn Developers (Belarmine) but I don't know if it is the same because if you check the CRO web page it does exist Castlethorn Developers Adamstown so I wonder when they will be available. I copied the link so you can check by yourselves.

https://search.cro.ie/company/

Bye...

judy80 wrote: »
    When you buy a house with garden, you do not buy a house with a slope, especially when you have small kids. It is not what you pay for and I do think, the developer should fix this.
    It is simply not fair. We paid extra 5k for south facing garden. I didnt think it would be a south facing slope.
    They said everything will be as per showhouse.
    Showhouse garden is flat....

Hi Judy,

I totally agree with your point of view. If they showed a garden without slope they should sell the house in the same way.

Hi all,

Any news about the contract interchange in order to submit the HTB???

I was checking the revenue web page and the builder doesn't appear on the list of the companies qualified. It does appear Castlethorn Developers (Belarmine) but I don't know if it is the same because if you check the CRO web page it does exist Castlethorn Developers Adamstown so I wonder when they will be available. I copied the link so you can check by yourselves.

https://search.cro.ie/company/

Bye...

Yes, it is the same. Castlethorn is registered.
    No signed contracts received back yet though.
    I don't know how it will work as we paid the full 10% deposit ourselves and now I don't want HTB to go to developer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Alderlie

Has anyone been told that they won't be getting the red brick on the side of their house (for houses where the bottom half is brick of course), and instead the side wall will be fully white? Is there anything we can do about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Irene ODaniel

Alderlie wrote: »
    Has anyone been told that they won't be getting the red brick on the side of their house (for houses where the bottom half is brick of course), and instead the side wall will be fully white? Is there anything we can do about this?

Our house has half of the front wall covered with bricks and back wall is plain. And it's perfectly fine for me :) I don't think you can make changes to the external side of the house

• Advertisement

Alderlie wrote: »

We got an email from the agent about this about 3 weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭conormc1984

Hi folks,

I am wondering how much these houses are selling for and are there any left in the current phase

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭iwantthat

Hi folks,

I am wondering how much these houses are selling for and are there any left in the current phase

I got a call from the sales office two days ago that there are two mid-terraced houses available starting at 280k. After considering i declined to put an offer because we are really looking for a end of terrace or a semi-d. You can call and check with sales office if they are still available.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Kyia76

Hi all, Castlethorn (Adamstown) is on qualifying contractors list :)

Kyia76 wrote: »
    Hi all, Castlethorn (Adamstown) is on qualifying contractors list :)

Yes, I just check it out, that's a good news.

Have anybody heard about the contracts?

It is just because the dead line to apply is the 31st of March for those who purchased in 2016. I wonder which is the purchased date. The date we sign the contract and paid the 10% of deposits or the day the builder sign the contract and we receive our copy back?

It is all so confusing and I have called a couple of time to revenue and I have got different answers.

Bye

• Registered Users Posts: 6 sneh

Yes, I just check it out, that's a good news.

Have anybody heard about the contracts?

It is just because the dead line to apply is the 31st of March for those who purchased in 2016. I wonder which is the purchased date. The date we sign the contract and paid the 10% of deposits or the day the builder sign the contract and we receive our copy back?

It is all so confusing and I have called a couple of time to revenue and I have got different answers.

Bye

Hey, where did you read about March 31st deadline as I couldn't find anywhere in the website?
    I filled in the HTB pre-approval form to check the max refund and was the deadline as 31Dec17

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Please take HTB queries to the HTB thread. Thanks

Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 6 sneh

Any pictures of the site if anyone visited the site recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TheUnderfaker

I've been advised by my solicitor that it's the date the developer signs the contract. As far as I know, nobody who purchased in Alderlie phase 1 or 2 have received their contracts back yet. Therefore none of us are retrospective buyers

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Kyia76

We booked in phase 2 and the estate agent said that the contract will go out next week , looking forward for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 Paulzp

Anybody knows when should we pay 10% deposit? After we sign a contract or once we get back contract signed by developer?
    As far as I understand it could be a very long gap between we sign and developer signs contract.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭gvgdhar

Paulzp wrote: »
    Anybody knows when should we pay 10% deposit? After we sign a contract or once we get back contract signed by developer?
    As far as I understand it could be a very long gap between we sign and developer signs contract.

Thanks.

It is when you sign the contract. Return of contract from the developer can take much longer. We signed in December, yet to receive the contract

I was told that they were sending signed contracts for phase 1 last week. Any updates, guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

this morning i was told its going out today evening.

I was told that they were sending signed contracts for phase 1 last week. Any updates, guys?

Hi all, I received my contract today :)

In relation to the HTB, the contract is dated 27.03.17, so I guess we have to apply for the HTB with purchasing date 2017, then revenue will pay to the builder and then they will refund to us the rebate. I don't know if that's how it works, does anybody know how it will be? :confused:

On the other hand, do you know what are the next steps after receiving the contract? How long will it take in average to get the keys from this moment?

Thanks and we are nearly there...:)

Hi all, I received my contract today :)

In relation to the HTB, the contract is dated 27.03.17, so I guess we have to apply for the HTB with purchasing date 2017, then revenue will pay to the builder and then they will refund to us the rebate. I don't know if that's how it works, does anybody know how it will be? :confused:

On the other hand, do you know what are the next steps after receiving the contract? How long will it take in average to get the keys from this moment?

Thanks and we are nearly there...:)

My agent from Savills told me that the closing date is mentioned in the contract, which is the date when you will get the keys.

My agent from Savills told me that the closing date is mentioned in the contract, which is the date when you will get the keys.

Yes it is mentioned but not specifically. The contract states that the closing date shall be 14 days after the buyer agrees that the house is ready. I guess we have to wait to be called to review all the works listed in the snag list and, if we agree that everything has been fixed properly then we count the 14 days for the closing.

Now I ask, do you know how long should it take to the builders to go through the snag list?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

my first snag had quite a few minor issues. it took 4 working days. next one was 2 days and 3rd one was just a day to fix all final issues.
    it all depends on the number of problems identified and the complexity of fixing each.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭CFC007

Greenlight given for infrastructure projects with Adamstown set to receive 20 million:)

http://www.thejournal.ie/infrastructure-housing-3311132-Mar2017/

• Advertisement

Well, we also received our contract and they don't give exact completion day. Now I am trying to understand how to give my landlord a date when we are moving. How do you, guys, deal with it?

Advertisement