Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alderlie, Adamstown, Lucan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Irene ODaniel

Cober17 wrote: »
    Yes it is mentioned but not specifically. The contract states that the closing date shall be 14 days after the buyer agrees that the house is ready. I guess we have to wait to be called to review all the works listed in the snag list and, if we agree that everything has been fixed properly then we count the 14 days for the closing.

Now I ask, do you know how long should it take to the builders to go through the snag list?

Thanks
    Up to 10 days to fix minor things and up to 2 months if there is something huge. This is what my solicitor said.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 sneh

my first snag had quite a few minor issues. it took 4 working days. next one was 2 days and 3rd one was just a day to fix all final issues.
    it all depends on the number of problems identified and the complexity of fixing each.

Hi bittihudaga, hegedera...! will you be the first ones to move in or ppl have moved in already?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

sneh wrote: »
    Hi bittihudaga, hegedera...! will you be the first ones to move in or ppl have moved in already?

namaskara..if all goes fine, we are planning to move in by end of april. i hope we will have some neighbours by then :-)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

namaskara..if all goes fine, we are planning to move in by end of april. i hope we will have some neighbours by then :-)

If you'd like to wander down to the village- we'll get you a coffee.
    Love to see what the end product looks like.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Cober17

Hi bittihuduga, do you already have a date for the closing? or are you planning to move in at the end of April as an estimate?

I ask because I need to move before the end of April but I don't know if I will have enough time.

On Monday I will have the second inspection of the house but I'm very worried because apparently the gardens are not ready yet and they don't know when they will be. I don't know if it's possible to move in without the gardens with the compromise of the builder to finish it later on.

• Advertisement

all our works are complete now.
    garden slope won't be fixed.
    we are waiting for notification of completion from the builder.
    once the notice is served, we will have to close the deal within 15days (this is my understanding).
    hence my estimation is end of april.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭DailyBlaa

A quick questions for those about to get keys etc, what timeline were you originally given for getting keys?

Trying to gauge how far behind schedule they are. We were told September for our move in date. Initially told if we brought one of the early ones would be late February but that clearly wasn't correct as no one is there yet and its April.

DailyBlaa wrote: »
    A quick questions for those about to get keys etc, what timeline were you originally given for getting keys?

Trying to gauge how far behind schedule they are. We were told September for our move in date. Initially told if we brought one of the early ones would be late February but that clearly wasn't correct as no one is there yet and its April.

Hi DailyBlaa, we were told between late February early March, so more than one month of delay. I hope getting the keys at the end of April.

Regards...

Hi all, do you know what's gonna happen with the refund of the HTB for those who paid the deposit in December. I ask because my contract has as purchase date March 2017 so I already paid the 10% to Castlethorn. I wonder if Revenue will give the money to Castlethorn and then they will transfer us? Has any of you heard anything from the agents or the same Alderlie builders about it?

Thanks

DailyBlaa wrote: »

We gave a deposit in November 2016 and were told that we will get our keys in April-May.
    We still haven't been invited for snagging.
    By the way, bittihuduga, how long it is since you were allowed to snag the house?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 judy80

We gave a deposit in November 2016 and were told that we will get our keys in April-May.
    We still haven't been invited for snagging.
    By the way, bittihuduga, how long it is since you were allowed to snag the house?

We have done with snag on 15th March and they called us yesterday that everything on the list has been completed.
    Still don't know the move in date yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Paulzp

judy80 wrote: »
    We have done with snag on 15th March and they called us yesterday that everything on the list has been completed.
    Still don't know the move in date yet though.
    How it was comparing to Show Houses? Better, the same or worse?

Paulzp wrote: »
    How it was comparing to Show Houses? Better, the same or worse?

Well of course it gives you a different picture without furniture and tiling, etc.
    But I have to say the house was ok. Only minor issues.
    The only major thing we found was the window in the living room as it was full of scratches. I don't know if they changed it though, we will re-snag soon.

What I didn't count with was the garden which is on a slope but they told us straight away they won't fix it. They explained it with the natural layout of landing, etc... bull****.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 sneh

Any news on the contracts?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 sharkufc

I know they were issuing them last Friday. But I didn't receive mine yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭CFC007

Nothing from a phase two buyer lost count of how many times I've been told will be sent next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Valheru11

Got an email from our solicitor to say he just got the contracts today. Good to see things are progressing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 helpfulterms

Congratulations to all who bought house in Alderlie!!!Does anyone know about the usage of 4 storey building closer to the construction site?

Congratulations to all who bought house in Alderlie!!!Does anyone know about the usage of 4 storey building closer to the construction site?

If you mean this one https://www.google.ie/maps/place/GeekAim/@53.338183,-6.4682483,467m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x95dd8d107eb236ec!8m2!3d53.3383759!4d-6.4692535

maps tell that there is a business in this building http://geekaim.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 2 helpfulterms

Thanks for your response Irene ODaniel. I have seen that in the map as well, but as per the estate agent that building is not used at the moment. Does anyone know about its future usage?

• Advertisement

guys, let me understand something. As soon as the contracts arrive to the sollicitor, what's the next step? We should revise it, right? Any suggestions on that?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

sharkufc wrote: »
    guys, let me understand something. As soon as the contracts arrive to the sollicitor, what's the next step? We should revise it, right? Any suggestions on that?

Sorry- you want to revise the contract?
    Is that advisable in the current climate- where the builder can turn around to a multitude of people tomorrow morning- any of whom will be more than happy to sign an 'unrevised' contract..........

If the boot was on the other foot- and it was impossible for a developer to shift property- you could revise a contract to add or amend whatever on earth you like- that most certainly is not the case here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

Think they meant review not revise. Could be wrong though!

Thanks for your response Irene ODaniel. I have seen that in the map as well, but as per the estate agent that building is not used at the moment. Does anyone know about its future usage?

It's there years and was meant to be a business centre, rent office space to businesses. It has never been used. Bit of an eyesore to be honest.

Sorry I meant review/revise. I understood that it would be better to write in the contract the upper limit of the management company fee. Is that not the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 eloleon

Question to 2nd phase buyers: Was anyone able to look at contract yet? Our solicitor received contract this morning but we don't know any details yet. I just wonder, if HTB is mentioned in any way? From reading previous posts it seems like nobody from 1st phase have clear picture what will happen. And, if now we will have to pay 10% deposit I can't see a way to claim HTB back since it is going directly to builder.

Any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Sorry I meant review/revise. I understood that it would be better to write in the contract the upper limit of the management company fee. Is that not the case?

You can't do that. Fees are a percentage of the budget. Budgets change, they can't be fixed. You're signing to become a member of a management company, that brings rights and responsibilities.

You don't get to dictate terms of contract unless there is something solicitor thinks is wrong with it. There is no upper limit of the management fees. The owners of properties have to accept the budget. If the managing agent can't do it for an acceptable budget, the owners sack them and get someone in that can.
    Big confusion all the time about management company and managing agents.

eloleon wrote: »
    Question to 2nd phase buyers: Was anyone able to look at contract yet? Our solicitor received contract this morning but we don't know any details yet. I just wonder, if HTB is mentioned in any way? From reading previous posts it seems like nobody from 1st phase have clear picture what will happen. And, if now we will have to pay 10% deposit I can't see a way to claim HTB back since it is going directly to builder.

Any ideas?

if it helps:
    i am from the first phase.. got our HTB money into the account. we had signed the contract in dec 2016. the builder returned the copy of their signed contract in march 2017.

• Advertisement

eloleon wrote: »

Any ideas?

We had to pay the full 10%.
    Gone through the application process.
    Revenue will send money to builder and builder will send to us.
    When you have the code (6 digits) just give it to Darren at Savills.

Advertisement