Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alderlie, Adamstown, Lucan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭CFC007

Was up at the site today houses are flying up. Managed to get a pic of the far side of the site next to the unused existing building.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ashbhardwaj

Hi
    Based on phase 1 : I have submitted htb application & also received the access code & claim no after submitting signed contract copy , I have passed this access code along with claim no etc info to my solicitor still no response please let me know whom you have submitted your htb details to your solicitor or builder , how much type after approval you received your htb thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Hi
    Based on phase 1 : I have submitted htb application & also received the access code & claim no after submitting signed contract copy , I have passed this access code along with claim no etc info to my solicitor still no response please let me know whom you have submitted your htb details to your solicitor or builder , how much type after approval you received your htb thanks

There is a large help to buy thread. Plenty of information there

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Cober17

Hi everybody,

any news about the completion date or closing date for 1st phase???

Thanks...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

Hi

if you are in touch with the builder, send the details to the contact there.
    else contact the estate agent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 johnbinu

How about starting a whats up group for alderlie? is there any one ? create and post a group invite if not?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

johnbinu wrote: »
    How about starting a whats up group for alderlie? is there any one ? create and post a group invite if not?

Whatsapp?
    In all honesty- you're all going to be members of the Management Company- the likes of a Whatsapp group will rapidly get deluged in all manner of inane and banal conversations- to the extent that any items of genuine interest often get lost.

What has been happening recently- is new estates have been getting the management companies to setup websites which keep everyone abreast of whats happening locally. A member of the management company- or the management agent- looks after the site, and normally has a suggestion box thingy which they undertake to respond to within X amount of time etc etc

Setup a 'Whatsapp' group- if you really want to go down that road- but from experience- once you go over a critical mass it becomes completely unwieldly and impractical- and you start to loose the stuff of genuine interest to you.

the purpose being get notified with current developments like photos or update like a good plumber , electrician etc or even can do items combined to get good bargains.

later when the development is complete can communicate for items like security like a break in at a house etc.

had an incident at rathcoole and people were able to offer help immediately with a similar group also if a kid gets an accident and need some help etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Valheru11

Maybe a Facebook group would be better?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭gvgdhar

the purpose being get notified with current developments like photos or update like a good plumber , electrician etc or even can do items combined to get good bargains.

later when the development is complete can communicate for items like security like a break in at a house etc.

had an incident at rathcoole and people were able to offer help immediately with a similar group also if a kid gets an accident and need some help etc.

Nice idea. Would support for specific Alderlie news

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 miamac353

Let us know if you set up a Facebook group, good idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Sunflowers459

Hi there,

I've created a Facebook group, closed group for community info. It's searchable under the name Alderlie Adamstown Community Info Hub.

Could be good if we can get a bit of community spirit started as hopefully some people will be moving in soonish...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

It's not really a good idea to post the specific info on a public (and searchable) forum

• Registered Users Posts: 5 miamac353

Thanks Sunflowers459, I'll PM you my Facebook details so u can accept my request to join😀

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

If you use them to actually organise social interaction and people actually meet, they serve a purpose but if you do like most people do and rely on Facebook groups and whatsapp to communicate with your neighbours, it will have the exact opposite effect of generating community spirit.
    They do it where I live and it's a disaster, nobody knows each other apart from words on a screen. Plus you all know yourselves the way group chats go, can end in stupid arguments etc... It's very removed and not personal at all.
    Do it but do it right. Keep your online lives separate from your real lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Erindoarbes

Hey guys, just found this page thankfully!
    Bought a 3bed on Stratton Lawn, told completion date was end of Feb-early march so I left my old property mid march as we thought we'd be moved in. Lived in Adamstown 5 years and sold now to move into alderlie.
    Been traveling all around Dublin and Ireland for the past 5 weeks between friends house as we are basically homeless now!

Anyone know anything else about when completion for first phase is? Because all I'm being told is next week or week after next and there's still paperwork left for the castlethorn to finish?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 judy80

Hi

I wrote earlier: you have to send your 6 digit code to Darren Clendennen at Savills. Your solicitor won't give a s... as he will say he is not involved in HTB. Like mine told to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 NiamhMc626

I submitted the claim reference number and access code to darren is that all I have to send and then they do the rest thanks

phase 2:
    Did everyone signed the contracts? any update on completion of phase 2? We just got the phase2 contract at solicitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

phase 2:
    Did everyone signed the contracts? any update on completion of phase 2? We just got the phase2 contract at solicitor.

Phase 2 is meant to be August for the house right? I got offered it but have to renew my mortgage so I'll have to do that before the final signing.

• Advertisement

thanks...we were told in sept/oct in stratton close. me too have to renew the mortgage offer as it seems can go till decemeber?

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭CFC007

At a guess I'd go with late October the majority of Stratton close are still at foundation level.
    Blacktie. wrote: »
    Phase 2 is meant to be August for the house right? I got offered it but have to renew my mortgage so I'll have to do that before the final signing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

CFC007 wrote: »
    At a guess I'd go with late October the majority of Stratton close are still at foundation level.

I'm Stratton Square. Must go take a look see if I can figure out which is mine but ye I figured they'd be delayed a couple of months. I just don't want to have to go through the mortgage process a 3rd time if they take too long building.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Fatcat11145

Hi Does anyone heard anything about social houses being build near alderlie in the future?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Hi Does anyone heard anything about social houses being build near alderlie in the future?

The planning permission stipulates 10% of the units are to be designated 'social houses' and it is expressly forbidden for them to be in a block (aka they are to be fully integrated into the development). The developer had been trying to do a separate block of social housing units- that got nixed. If you contact the local authority (South Dublin Co. Co.) they have schematics showing the locations of the various units (you can pop into the office on Main Street in Tallaght village and view them).

I wouldn't be unduly concerned to be honest with you- it actually looks like a reasonable manner of dealing with it- its far preferable to have a block dedicated to social housing.........

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Fatcat11145

The planning permission stipulates 10% of the units are to be designated 'social houses' and it is expressly forbidden for them to be in a block (aka they are to be fully integrated into the development). The developer had been trying to do a separate block of social housing units- that got nixed. If you contact the local authority (South Dublin Co. Co.) they have schematics showing the locations of the various units (you can pop into the office on Main Street in Tallaght village and view them).

I wouldn't be unduly concerned to be honest with you- it actually looks like a reasonable manner of dealing with it- its far preferable to have a block dedicated to social housing.........

Thanks I will do that

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Cober17

Hi all, any news about the completion or closing date for the first phase?

Cober17 wrote: »
    Hi all, any news about the completion or closing date for the first phase?

We got the letter from our solicitor today that we can occupy the house if we pay the solicitor fee of 7969.69.
    When we hired her, she quoted 4800.
    Is this for real?
    Anybody experienced similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,826 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

judy80 wrote: »
    We got the letter from our solicitor today that we can occupy the house if we pay the solicitor fee of 7969.69.
    When we hired her, she quoted 4800.
    Is this for real?
    Anybody experienced similar?

Does the new total include stamp duty?

• Advertisement

Does the new total include stamp duty?

The original 4800 included stamp duty so dont know what's in 8k.
    I can't pay it.

Advertisement