Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loughrea estates?

Options
  • 17-10-2016 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Hi!
    Was wondering if any boards member living in Loughrea would comment on any of the following estates (if they're quiet, family oriented, well built, etc etc):
    - Droim Na Cille
    - Ashlawn
    - Danesfort Drive
    - Jairdin Drive

Feel free to add others you may particularly like/dislike :)

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

Hi TheRover

I would consider Droim na Cille and Ashlawn the nicer two of the four. Both have good green space and are family orientated, and I think were built before Jairdin Drive and Danesfort Drive and would be fairly good quality.

Danesfort had a number of unfinished houses down the back, these were being sold as a single lot in summer so not sure if this will see them occupied in near future. Have been in a house in Jairdin Drive that had a lot of draughts, and a house in Danesfort where back garden flooded in anything more than a shower. Haven't heard of similar problems in Droim na Cille/Ashlawn but I'd imagine there'd be some minor snags like any house anywhere. Other estates are Carrig Geal, Hazelwood, Abbeyfields.

If you are considering renting/buying - best to call to estate in person and ask whoever is about to get the local view on standard of houses, quality of area etc

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Legionn_of_Dan

Droim Na Cille is a very nice estate. Good family vibe and green playing space. Everyone seems very nice. Houses are good quality from my own experience.

Advertisement