Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trek decals

Options
  • 17-10-2016 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭

I am looking to dress up an older Trek frame with some decals- is there anyone in Dublin that can be recommended . Not interested in the stuff available on eBay .
    Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

Bump. I'm looking for someone who can make a decal in the same font as the bike's branding style.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

There's a place in Drogheda, called Gomac Signs. They will make decals in any font. They copy it on computer from the original. They do a great job.
    Not cheap, when compared to EBay.
    I'm sure there are places in Dublin, that would do the same job.

Eamonnator wrote: »
    There's a place in Drogheda, called Gomac Signs. They will make decals in any font. They copy it on computer from the original. They do a great job.
    Not cheap, when compared to EBay.
    I'm sure there are places in Dublin, that would do the same job.

Not cheap is €10? €20? €50? €500 :eek:

Oh, the email form on their website doesn't work with Chrome on a Mac anyway… moot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

A couple of years ago, I got a set of decals on EBay for a Peugeot, that I was renovating. I think the decals cost me about €20.
    I'm guessing, but I reckon, Gomac would charge about €30 or so for the same job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭easygoing39

Buzz signs in Swords did them for my Scott.Beside Malahide Tyres in Kinsealy.I took a copy of the Scott font and they matched it to the size I wanted on a computer.Cost €20.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Whatwicklow

I got sorted in the end by signfair in kildare- Mike did a grey job and was very very reasonable .
    I got a selection of multi sized matte black trek decals - fitted now and look great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭saccades

Ask trek UK - they are very good.

Otherwise Gilm on Retrobike.co.uk does everything bike related.

Buzz signs in Swords did them for my Scott.Beside Malahide Tyres in Kinsealy.I took a copy of the Scott font and they matched it to the size I wanted on a computer.Cost €20.

Are this crowd still in business, d'you know? I emailed them a couple of weeks ago through their website with a request for a quote for a particular font and type size, and still no answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭easygoing39

Chuchote wrote: »
    Are this crowd still in business, d'you know? I emailed them a couple of weeks ago through their website with a request for a quote for a particular font and type size, and still no answer.

Up to 2 weeks ago they were as I saw the van outide the premise's.Might be better to phone.Mobile is 086 8121402,very nice lad who did my graphic's exactly as I wanted them.
    When I used to work in retail we found that people who used e-mail to us tended to be timewasters and replying to them was a low priority.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Zippe

I am looking to dress up an older Trek frame with some decals- is there anyone in Dublin that can be recommended . Not interested in the stuff available on eBay .
    Cheers

Hey,
    I have details of a guy in the uk that I use to make replacement decals for my wheels, good quality work, if you want I can pm you his details

Cheers zip

• Advertisement

Zippe wrote: »
    Hey,
    I have details of a guy in the uk that I use to make replacement decals for my wheels, good quality work, if you want I can pm you his details

Cheers zip

Thanks, Zippe; I'll give Mr Buzz a buzz later and talk to him; if he can't do it I'll be back to you. Prefer to spend me dosh locally if I can.

Advertisement