Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Day of pistol shooting for Wife

Options
  • 17-10-2016 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Pistol Shooting Lesson. Can you help? Every year my darling wife's birthday rolls around and every year she asks for the same gift. She wants to shoot a pistol. She wants to experience the noise and recoil etc. Too many Clint Eastwood movies if you ask me. I've enquired with no luck. We are Dublin based but happy to travel.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭jb88

Pistol Shooting Lesson. Can you help? Every year my darling wife's birthday rolls around and every year she asks for the same gift. She wants to shoot a pistol. She wants to experience the noise and recoil etc. Too many Clint Eastwood movies if you ask me. I've enquired with no luck. We are Dublin based but happy to travel.

Harbour House Shooting club, outside of Nurney Co Kildare, Near the Kildare outlet store ;-) Run Women on Target courses every few months. Contact them via phone and they will take your details and let you know when the next Women on Target day is scheduled

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Czhornet

try these out, based in Kerry though

https://www.irishshootingsports.ie/rifle-pistol-shooting/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Luckysasha

Mourne shooting grounds in monaghan have pistol shooting available. You can also do rifle and clay pigeon shooting aswell. Based just outside Castleblaney about an hour from Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Snakezilla

Courtlough in North Co.Dublin are now doing pistol shooting

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Snakezilla wrote: »
    Courtlough in North Co.Dublin are now doing pistol shooting

Although that would only be for a .22 cal, so won't be alot of recoil happening.

However, she could also do some shotgun with enough recoil to leave a mark.

Courtlough is a nice club and worth a phone call. I'm a member there, shooting shotgun and rifle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭garrettod

jb88 wrote: »
    Harbour House Shooting club, outside of Nurney Co Kildare, Near the Kildare outlet store ;-) Run Women on Target courses every few months. Contact them via phone and they will take your details and let you know when the next Women on Target day is scheduled

I think the Women on Target ("WOT") courses "tour" a few clubs... they feature at Hilltop, Newtownmountkennedy ever few months also.

I would imagine a WOT day would be ideal for what the original poster is after, not too sure if Courtlough would be the place for pistols (unless a lot has changed in recent times).

Suggest the original poster phones a couple of the clubs near Dublin to see what dates are coming up for the Women on Target gigs... suspect it may be next Spring / Summer though, in which case a one to one lesson might be the way to go, or do one of the packages where you also get to try rifle, shotgun or even archery.

Thanks,

G.

Advertisement