Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Images too big and videos not playing on touch site

Options
  • 17-10-2016 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I have had this issue for years at this stage.

Is there any solution.

Don't want to use the official app as it is very poor.

Thanks
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Big Turd

What errors you getting? What browser you using? Link to an image thats to big? What tells you it's to big?

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Yes, the more information you can provide the better. If you have links to threads or posts where images are too large and links to the posts containing videos that don't play, it would be a great help. Also, can let us know which OS you're running and what browser you're using?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Ok. Sorry I think I might be wrong about the touch site as I am not using a browser. I am using an old legacy app I guess. It definitely an app. It may not have come from the playstore. I don't know.

Images are huge and I have to scroll up down and across to actually to see what is in the image.

Youtube videos when I touch them they appear like they are starting to play and then just a blank screen.

Please don't say to use the new app as it is really poor.

Thanks

Just to add - the app appearance is dark blue with two little white egg shapes in it, same as the new app except the new app has a white line around its edge.

Boards.ie Employee

Ok. Sorry I think I might be wrong about the touch site as I am not using a browser. I am using an old legacy app I guess. It definitely an app. It may not have come from the playstore. I don't know.

Images are huge and I have to scroll up down and across to actually to see what is in the image.

Youtube videos when I touch them they appear like they are starting to play and then just a blank screen.

Please don't say to use the new app as it is really poor.

Thanks

Just to add - the app appearance is dark blue with two little white holes in it, same as the new app except the new app has a white line around its edge.

Might you be able to take a screenshot of the app?

Have you tried using the Touch site?

Might you be able to take a screenshot of the app?

Have you tried using the Touch site?

When I clicked on your link it brought up the very app I use.

• Advertisement
    Boards.ie Employee

When I clicked on your link it brought up the very app I use.

OK, the next question is what operating system does your phone run and what is your default browser set to?

It is funny as if I go into the nature thread where guys posts photos I can see all the photos fine.

But other images are hugely focused in and I have to scroll to see them.

Maybe it is something to do with the format people are posting images through.

The youtube videos have never worked.

Boards.ie Employee

It is funny as if I go into the nature thread where guys posts photos I can see all the photos fine.

But other images are hugely focused in and I have to scroll to see them.

Maybe it is something to do with the format people are posting images through.

The youtube videos have never worked.

Perhaps. Could you include links to posts with oversized images? All this will help us to replicate so that we can try to get to the bottom of it.

Android 5.0 on Galaxy S5 and I use Chrome.

I haven't downloaded android's latest software as the last time I did it on a nexus 7 it bricked it with no come back as it is was out of warranty.

Just to add. The problem I have with photos is the ones that have to be clicked on. E.g. the first post on the last page of the cycling photos thread has 2 photos with links. It is those that I can't see properly.

The embedded ones are fine.

• Advertisement
    Boards.ie Employee

Just to add. The problem I have with photos is the ones that have to be clicked on. E.g. the first post on the last page of the cycling photos thread has 2 photos with links. It is those that I can't see properly.

The embedded ones are fine.

So this post for example causes issues?

But you can see these embedded images?

Boards.ie Employee

Then the next task is to open Chrome itself and try these again rather than going via the app, if you could please.

Exactly

Then the next task is to open Chrome itself and try these again rather than going via the app, if you could please.

Through Chrome they are fine.

But I'd rather to be able to use the app.

Boards.ie Employee

Through Chrome they are fine.

But I'd rather to be able to use the app.

Unfortunately, it's an app that we don't support so I'm afraid there's not much we can do for you there. Only recommendation would be to switch back to Chrome when you run into such instances (or try to embrace touch.boards.ie via Chrome :D)

Advertisement