Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving Eir's master socket

Options
  • 17-10-2016 9:54pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

You're probably thinking '2 questions in 2 days by this new guy, god help us', you're probably correct in thinking that.

I am a new homeowner and as it transpires the master socket (and the only one) is in the hallway of our house, but we have no power sockets in the hall. If you check my account details there should be an Eir engineer calling over on the 20th to my house to verify some speeds. Is it possible to relocate the master socket that day also? It would need to be across the hall on the other side of the wall (so inside of the sitting room) to get any power.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭irishkopite 2011

Unlikely that the tech will do that as they normally don't, you would normally have to get an electrician to move the phone socket or for an electrician to put in a new power socket beside the Eir socket. Are you with Eir? I'm just surprised that they are send a tech out to check speeds.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Unlikely that the tech will do that as they normally don't, you would normally have to get an electrician to move the phone socket or for an electrician to put in a new power socket beside the Eir socket. Are you with Eir? I'm just surprised that they are send a tech out to check speeds.
    They're sending out an Engineer to check the line. I live 80m from 100meg capable cabinet but apparently can only get 17meg, while my neighbours can get 90meg.

I'm only new to Eir so basically if this whole thing doesn't work out, I'm out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

They're sending out an Engineer to check the line. I live 80m from 100meg capable cabinet but apparently can only get 17meg, while my neighbours can get 90meg.

I'm only new to Eir so basically if this whole thing doesn't work out, I'm out.

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]No problem [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]cherryghost.[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for the update. Let us know how it goes.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

Advertisement