Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendation?

Options
  • 17-10-2016 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,

Looking to get my first tattoo - just a small lotus flower on the inside of my wrist/forearm. Nothing decorative - just an outline really, perhaps with a bit of shading but I'm not sure until I talk to the artist.

Any ideas who would be best? My preference would be to go to Dundalk or Drogheda.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

anyone its just an outline

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭WhoWhatWhere

anyone its just an outline

Don't listen to this advice.

If at all possible to get to Dublin, Wildcat Ink are fantastic. I can't say I know anyone around your area, but keeping your ear to the ground asking friends of the area about where they got their tattoos is a good way to hear. Go into local palours and ask to see the artists portfolio, really look, hard. Study it as long as you have time for. Oh be sure you can check out some healed work of there's. once your happy ask for a little tour inspecting the studio is clean, ask things like length of professional tattoing, where did they train, etc. When you go for you ink, the biggest thing you have to be certain of is they use clean needles and they're being hygenic. Using latex free gloves and sterile, single use needles, that have been through an autoclave. You'll know the have because they'll come out of a blue and clear package (just like your dentist!). If at any point your unsure - just leave. Tattoos are forever, if you get a dodgy piercing, it sucks but can be removed, but a dodgy tattoo is expensive to fix(if it can be at all) and sometimes can't be.

Oh and don't go to someone's house.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 sajama88

Thanks for the detailed advice - I might go to Dublin since the parlours there are generally well-known and recommended. But in the meantime I'll ask around here at home about local places. Thanks again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭WhoWhatWhere

sajama88 wrote: »
    Thanks for the detailed advice - I might go to Dublin since the parlours there are generally well-known and recommended. But in the meantime I'll ask around here at home about local places. Thanks again!

Definitely do. If you go into some local shops and get a look at their portfolio of fresh and healed work, you'll get an idea of their skill. Also make sure on the day that they're using fresh needles and they should set it up in front of you, any doubt just leave. Having them annoyed is better than HIV or AIDs from a dirty needle.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

If you're making a trip to Dublin especially, then I wouldn't recommend going to Wildcat. There are far better tattoo shops around, IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Edups

If you're making a trip to Dublin especially, then I wouldn't recommend going to Wildcat. There are far better tattoo shops around, IMO.

Names?

Advertisement