Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trail Cam

• 17-10-2016 11:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭

Lads what's the cheapest trail cam out there? I have a relative who has a couple Foxes in his back field and hasn't seen em in a bit and we are curious to see if they still pass by the main wired security camera

Was thinking of getting a cheap low res one that will just capture a pic that would let us know if they are about

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭FISMA.

Lads what's the cheapest trail cam out there? I have a relative who has a couple Foxes in his back field and hasn't seen em in a bit and we are curious to see if they still pass by the main wired security camera

Was thinking of getting a cheap low res one that will just capture a pic that would let us know if they are about

Thanks

Cheap ones will have a slow trigger time. Thus, you may not get to see what triggered the camera, like Mr. Fox.

I have had great results with Bushnell cams, like the one I had here without breaking the bank.

I have also had a Moultrie and currently have a Browning in the back garden.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Half-cocked

Ltl Acorn make decent cams at a reasonable price but don't leave them out forever - they need to spend a bit of time in the warmth every couple of months drying out properly. You get what you pay for with trail cams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭breakemall

I have 2 Ltl Acorns heading into their third season and despite rain and frost they are still working 100%. Have to agree about periodic spells indoors to dry out and you will know when this is needed because the video becomes very "artistic" with monochrome and other special effects...

Bought 4 of the Lidl ones this year to cover a few other spots around my place and I have to say that so far the picture quality is even better than the Acorns plus there is sound. One thing I have noticed is that while the infrared is also more effective giving better night shots, it is also more noticeable to the wildlife and I have seen it spook ducks while an otter even stopped to look directly up at the camera. This winter will tell how they like the cold and wet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭Chiparus

What's the best cam for catching car registrations? We have a serious problem with poachers on our lease.

Advertisement