Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toilet training night time

Options
  • 18-10-2016 5:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

Hi all,

I am clueless hence wondering anyone experienced same.
    My 2 n half year old is fine during the day for months now for saying when he needs wee n poo. Night time when he wears nappy he knows he needs to go hence wakes us. But when I put him to bed without nappy he wees in the bed, he doesn't realise he needs to go when no nappy . This has been going on couple of months now. I m not sure how he realises when he wears nappy n not when he doesn't . As his nappies are dry for couple of months now.
    Anyone any clue why this happens?

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Would you try him with pull ups at night so that he can pull them down if he needs to go. That's what we did with our son & eventually phased out the pull ups altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

I would also second what the above poster said. Use pull-ups for naps / night time and save yourself the stress & hassle.

We have an almost 3 year old and some times he wakes to go and sometimes he just goes in his pull-ups.
    They will learn with time.

ps. We call them 'sleepy pants' and not 'nappies' so he's happy enough getting them on.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

I would also second what the above poster said. Use pull-ups for naps / night time and save yourself the stress & hassle.

We have an almost 3 year old and some times he wakes to go and sometimes he just goes in his pull-ups.
    They will learn with time.

ps. We call them 'sleepy pants' and not 'nappies' so he's happy enough getting them on.

We call them pull ups and we put big girl pants on over them. I decided putting nothing on at night would lead to stress. No accidents by day so I was too lazy for the work involved in accidents at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭kknitter

Thank you all for the replies.
    He doesnt mind putting on the nappy, he himself takes it off, if wants to go in the middle of the night as well, its just a bit odd hence wondering if i could do soemthing. I m not sure if he will just get used to nappy and never want to get out of it at night :confused:
    But for now i will continue with it and hope he gets it eventually :)

Advertisement