Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2016-17 Emirates FA Cup

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Yep it's a joke. If a company is allowed to offer odds on farcical things like this then of course that person is going to be aware of it and will effect the result one way or the other. The poor buck has done nothing wrong at all and it's the bookies with these crappy novelty bets that cause the problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Jayop wrote: »
    If he's quit the club then I can't imagine them having any grounds to fine him. He's effectively no longer involved in football so should he choose not to pay an FA fine then it's tough titty.

The FA usually do what they want.

It happened while he was a registered player so I can see them doing something, it sets a dangerous precedent if they dont do anything. It'll probably be a few suspended games ban and small fine.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    The FA usually do what they want.

It happened while he was a registered player so I can see them doing something, it sets a dangerous precedent if they dont do anything. It'll probably be a few suspended games ban and small fine.

But the point is if he's now quit the game then they can't ban him as they have nothing to ban him from. They can't fine him because they can't escalate it when he doesn't pay.

Sure they can try to impose a ban or a fine but it's like getting banned from a country that you have no intention of ever going to. It's of no consequence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Wonder what the odds are on Pie Face appearing on Big Brother next time it's on. He seems to be a bit of a character, headbutted a fan last year or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,636 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Pure publicity stunt. 100% Staged by a rag of a paper( to publicise its bookie site) , that has been peddling fake news for as long as I can remember. The Scum indeed....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

PhilipsR wrote: »

It was also limited to £5 I believe.
    Somebody won a five figure sum (I heard 80,000) so I'm not sure that's right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,629 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Wonder what the odds are on Pie Face appearing on Big Brother next time it's on. He seems to be a bit of a character, headbutted a fan last year or something

Yes that or into the jungle for IAC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,636 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Pure publicity stunt. 100% Staged by a rag of a paper( to publicise its bookie site) , that has been peddling fake news for as long as I can remember. The Scum indeed....

Somebody won a five figure sum (I heard 80,000) so I'm not sure that's right.

no, that is right, it was limited to a few quid and there is talk that the keeper himself was given a healthy sum (ie the 5 figure sum) for doing it and ensuring the promotion of their website and attracting new members.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

no, that is right, it was limited to a few quid and there is talk that the keeper himself was given a healthy sum (ie the 5 figure sum) for doing it and ensuring the promotion of their website and attracting new members.

Oh

That's even worse!

• Advertisement

Was it not them who said there were suspicious betting patterns.

Was it not them who said there were suspicious betting patterns.
    Who??

Th bookies knew well what they were doing, in fact they were sponsoring the club for the game. They set the whole thing up, thats how bookies promote, they make you think you are on to a good thing by signing up to a new site winning a few quid on these "fun bets", but you have to deposit 20 quid, max 5 quid on the "fun bet" and then, like most bookies they sweep up the rest and more as only a few souls actually beat the bookies constantly.

They got huge promotion. I doubt many had heard of Sun Bet before today/yesterday
    Bookies are smart and always win and they probably knew perfectly well that it was highly probable he would eat the pie (indeed it seems they paid him to do it it seems now) and so they worked around that. They also knew there was a possibility that Sutton may not allow him to do so, given the FA rules.

So, all in all, they weren't going to lose much and there was a distinct possibility they may not lose at all. They got new gamblers signing up, and plenty of promotion.

BOOKIES WILL ALWAYS WIN ONE WAY OR THE OTHER!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Wayne shaw is greed personified. Should be fined heavily and sutton banned from next years fa cup.

• ricero wrote: »
    Wayne shaw is greed personified. Should be fined heavily and sutton banned from next years fa cup.

Is he?
    Why so?
    Just interested to hear

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Is he?
    Why so?
    Just interested to hear

Because he ate all the pies.

ricero wrote: »

You need to get out more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Another young aspiring career ruined by gambling

Another young aspiring career ruined by gambling

A real piety alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

City taking no chances tonight. Huddersfield with their cup side. Emptyhad again

• Advertisement

Booooooom!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,850 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Claudio Bravo has really developed into a completely inept goalkeeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

callaway92 wrote: »
    Claudio Bravo has really developed into a completely inept goalkeeper.
    He's ****e.

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

I love Bravo but the man may as well not even stand in goal anymore. Totally ineffective, 100% City need a goalkeeper who can play and save the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭Masala

bravo is getting worse

City taking no chances tonight. Huddersfield with their cup side. Emptyhad again

Doesn't the Ethiad have a larger average attendance than Anfield though? And at least 40% of attendees every game at Anfield are tourists? So ssshhhhh! And I am a United fan! :D

• Advertisement

It's incredible how many really bad decisions City have had against them this season. That's another shocker.

And it's happened again. Twice in a minute.

It's incredible how many really bad decisions City have had against them this season. That's another shocker.
    Here we go..............

Wonder what we have to do to get a penalty?

Here we go..............

Again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Neither are pens crybaby Pep & City players.

• Advertisement

blueser wrote: »
    Wonder what we have to do to get a penalty?

Really not sure, that first one is as blatant as you like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Was there a replay of the first one? I feel the second one could've been given had it not gone to a City player

Doesn't the Ethiad have a larger average attendance than Anfield though? And at least 40% of attendees every game at Anfield are tourists? So ssshhhhh! And I am a United fan! :D

Means little. Arsenal sell out every game officially as they don't count actual bodies only tickets sold. As for tourists that's rich on an Irish message board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Handball doesn't have to be intentional now or what? Both were ball to hand.

Neither are pens crybaby Pep & City players.
    Give over. The first one was nailed on, and there's a strong argument to be made for the second one.

Give over. The first one was nailed on, and there's a strong argument to be made for the second one.

Ball to hand isn't a pen.

Ball to hand isn't a pen.
    In my mind, the first one wasn't ball to hand. All about opinions, I suppose.

Impressive industry from Huddersfield, Billings is tidy for a big man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Floodgates will open now.

I love Bravo but the man may as well not even stand in goal anymore. Totally ineffective, 100% City need a goalkeeper who can play and save the ball.

Why do you love him if he's as much good as a chocolate tea pot at stopping shots, you know the main role a goalkeeper is supposed to do.

Honestly David Silva would be better in goals than this fella if the ability to pass a ball is all that counts.

• Advertisement

Some work by Sterling, he's back to early season form

Could have had 3 penalties (the 3rd couldn't be more intentional) but decisions not going their way. Luckily for them Sterling and Sane are electric. 1-1

In my mind, the first one wasn't ball to hand. All about opinions, I suppose.

The guy was sliding along the ground his hand didn't move towards the ball the ball hit his hand.

Same with the second one.

Well worked goal by City.

Actually, what was the fuss after the goal? Pep seemed to be going mad, looked like Sane said something to the ref.

Before this Huddersfield and city played 3 times. 2 draws and a HF win.

Was that a third handball missed by the ref? Still waiting for a conclusive replay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

#InSané

Jayop wrote: »
    Why do you love him if he's as much good as a chocolate tea pot at stopping shots, you know the main role a goalkeeper is supposed to do.

Honestly David Silva would be better in goals than this fella if the ability to pass a ball is all that counts.

Maybe because he was excellent for Barcelona in 2 league winning campaigns and was never anything except a class act while at the club.

Mushy wrote: »
    Actually, what was the fuss after the goal? Pep seemed to be going mad, looked like Sane said something to the ref.
    Possible deliberate handball in the build up, which would have meant a penalty and a red card.

• Advertisement

The ball hit the centre of his chest and City players call handball FFS

No way was that a pen.

Advertisement