Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2016-17 Emirates FA Cup

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Maybe because he was excellent for Barcelona in 2 league winning campaigns and was never anything except a class act while at the club.

I didn't ask was he good in the past in an all dominating team. I asked why do you love him. He's absolutely rubbish in goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Penalty! It's a miracle!!

Jayop wrote: »
    I didn't ask was he good in the past in an all dominating team. I asked why do you love him. He's absolutely rubbish in goals.

Yes, you asked me why I love him, because he was a brilliant member of the club I support. Like most fans who support football clubs, I remember good ex players fondly. Can't be that difficult to comprehend surely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Floodgates should open now, maybe the visitors have been a bit too expansive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

Huddersfield playing some Junior B Hurling stuff in defence. Awful sloppy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Nice one Zabba!
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Yes, you asked me why I love him, because he was a brilliant member of the club I support. Like most fans who support football clubs, I remember good ex players fondly. Can't be that difficult to comprehend surely.

Sure how am I supposed to know you support Barca. I thought you were a Chelsea, city, bayern fan.

So to be clear you're actually a Barca fan. OK that makes some element of sense then with regards Bravo. No sense at all with your posting on city though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Game over

Great football. When you see City's tempo increase and that ball is whizzing about at breakneck speed it's quite a sight.

Aguero has been playing like a man possessed since the wonderkid got injured.

• Advertisement

Jayop wrote: »
    Sure how am I supposed to know you support Barca. I thought you were a Chelsea, city, bayern fan.

So to be clear you're actually a Barca fan. OK that makes some element of sense then with regards Bravo. No sense at all with your posting on city though.

Just to be clear, you've spent 3 posts analysing me, rather than a rather good Man City performance. I won't be responding to you again.

Could (should?) be 4 or 5 ahead now. Hit the woodwork twice and at least one penalty not given. Get one more goal and then get the likes of Sane, Kun and Kev off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Great football. When you see City's tempo increase and that ball is whizzing about at breakneck speed it's quite a sight.

They're playing a second choice championship team...
    Calm down there.

A Bravo save! I'm off for a lie down in a darkened room.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Ever since Huddersfield have stopped tried to defend with their hand, they've not been in the game.

The first handball has to be given.

Lovely finish by Kun.

Oh my! That's a picture-book goal. Starting with Bravo brilliantly finding Garcia at the start of the move, City maneuvered the ball into forward areas, restarted the move and found the point of penetration. Huddersfield didn't touch the ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Key Point here: Huddersfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,850 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Ehm, they're as good, if not better than Sunderland.

Don't care. An excellent goal is an excellent goal and that was an excellent goal.

• Advertisement

4 goals and 2 assists in 2 games whilst playing fantastic throughout. Bit of a turn around in form for Kun.

BBC have chosen Billing as MOTM. It can only be BBC covering a City game when City win 4-1 and an opposing player gets MOTM. He wasn't even the best central midfielder on the pitch, Fernandinho has been on a different level. Sterling, Aguero De Bruyne all solid shouts too.

Job done. On to the Stadium of Light on sunday now.

Iheanacho deserves more time, even in that XI. He seems to always score from the bench. Such a quality player.

And now Sinclair is comparing Guardiola to Kevin Keegan and I'm choking with laughter on some salt and vinegar Walkers crisps so my BBC viewing experience is complete.

That second goal by Kun really was a classy strike. Lovely ball in by Raheem and a cracking finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Updated Quarter Final Draw
    Saturday March 11th

Both on BT Sport 2
    Middlesbrough V Manchester City - 12:15pm
    Arsenal V Lincoln City - 5:30pm

Both on BBC One
    Sunday March 12th
    Tottenham Hotspur V Millwall - 2pm

Monday March 13th
    Chelsea V Manchester United 7:45pm

FA cup matches should not be on a Monday. TV Nonsense. That game should be on 4pm on the Sunday.

Set up more or less (of course not guaranteed, don't bite my head off!!) for Man City, Arsenal, Spurs and Utd/Chelsea semis. Decent

• Advertisement

FA cup matches should not be on a Monday. TV Nonsense. That game should be on 4pm on the Sunday.

4pm on the Sunday is Liverpool V Burnley in the league guess BBC did not want to step on Sky's toes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Wouldn't be surprised if Middlesboro put out City same goes for Spurs playing Millwall

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

And now Sinclair is comparing Guardiola to Kevin Keegan and I'm choking with laughter on some salt and vinegar Walkers crisps so my BBC viewing experience is complete.

Yeah , keegan was the better manager

• Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Surprised they didn't stick with having games on Friday and have 1 game over 4 days!

Surprised they didn't stick with having games on Friday and have 1 game over 4 days!
    That would be a long game. :pac:

Wouldn't be surprised if Middlesboro put out City same goes for Spurs playing Millwall

I wouldn't be surprised if they both are 2-2 draws, and in the replay all 4 keepers are sent off and 2 last minute goals decide the game.

What I'm saying is it would be surprising if either Millwall or Boro get past their respective opponents. Possible but would be surprising if both City and Spurs don't go all out to win the Cup with strong teams now that the league is more than probably out of their grasp.

• Advertisement

At the time TV was sorted out Spurs were still in the Europa League.

Arsenal play on the Tuesday, Man City play on the Wednesday and Man Utd play on the Thursday, so no game was ever going to be on the Friday night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Boro to cause an upset.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,427 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

No replays from this point on by the way, extra time and penalties.

City 1 up after 2 mins by the way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,927 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

City 1 up after 2 minutes this could easy be 10 nil too City if they keep going like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

City 1 up after 2 minutes this could easy be 10 nil too City if they keep going like this.

I'm going for forty nil

• Advertisement

Oh great I missed it.

Yeah , keegan was the better manager

*wink wink....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,427 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

City win 2-0.

City win 2-0.
    The amount of chances we missed today is criminal, really. It should have ended up, what, 5 or 6? Against better opposition, we won't get away with that sort of (non)finishing.

Will Lincoln leave a log on the emirates pitch, unlikely, 5-0.

"How many teams go to ***** and play 4-4-2?" has become one of the great English football cliches of this decade.

The new sportinglife site design is garbage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I can see that big lad scoring

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Going to be alot of Boo's at HT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Its getting ugly

• Advertisement
Advertisement