Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Federal 17g HMR Bullets

Options
  • 18-10-2016 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭

Mods remove if not allowed.
    Just woundering if anybody has any that they're not using, maybe bought a box or two and they don't suit your gun and have them lying around. My CZ455 won't shoot anything else only these. I have a box of Winchester 17g with 5 gone out of the box and there just going to sit in the cabinet. Licence can be shown if anybody wants to sell.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭PSXDupe

fiestaman wrote: »
    Just woundering if anybody has any that they're not using, maybe bought a box or two and they don't suit your gun and have them lying around. My CZ455 won't shoot anything else only these. I have a box of Winchester 17g with 5 gone out of the box and there just going to sit in the cabinet. Licence can be shown if anybody wants to sell.

That's strange, my CZ455 will shoot pretty.much any 17hmr round I give it. 3 mates have them also and same, shoot anything.

What is happening with the rounds, are you using a suppressor etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭fiestaman

PSXDupe wrote: »
    That's strange, my CZ455 will shoot pretty.much any 17hmr round I give it. 3 mates have them also and same, shoot anything.

What is happening with the rounds, are you using a suppressor etc

Sorry I meant it won't shoot anything other than federal for tight groups. It will fire them no problem but not within an inch.

Tried hornady and they grouped around 1.5" and then tried Winchester too but didn't need to shoot more than 5 to see how bad they were @ 100 yards.I have a sak mod on. Federal will shoot 1" and less @100 yards . This pic is Winchester on the right and federal on the top left. I adjusted the scope to zero on the federal a and then shot a 3 shot group at the left bull. Easy to see its federal are best

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

fiestaman wrote: »
    Moved it out to the main forum to allow discussion as well as anyone that might be able to help you.
    My CZ455 won't shoot anything else only these.
    Same with my CZ. Would shoot everything, but the Federal were by far the best and most consistent.

As you've said supply is an issue with them. Haven't even seen them in months. Hornady were pretty good, but i got some split cases that i never got with Federal, and if i tried Hornady 20gr the groups were terrible.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Mezamo

Saw them in Ardee Sports last week

Advertisement