Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social care worker Vs social care

• 18-10-2016 12:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

In it's simplest form could anyone tell me what is the difference with between social care worker and social care

I know what a doctor does and I know the role a nurse plays iknow what Involved in being a botcure backer candlestick maker but what differences the two above mentioned job

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Ihglcc

bump

Ihglcc wrote: »
    In it's simplest form could anyone tell me what is the difference with between social care worker and social care

I know what a doctor does and I know the role a nurse plays I know what Involved in being a butcher baker candlestick maker but what differences the two above-mentioned job

bump

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

They are significantly different in one specific sense- in order to be a Social Worker you need a professional qualification (obtained as either a 2 year full time masters in Social Work, or a 3/4 year full time degree in Social Work). Social Workers work in a variety of agencies, namely TUSLA, HSE but also charities, the army, other NGOs. Frontline staff, who complete assessments, write reports on all sorts, work directly with children, and parents and their clients, attend court and make decisions quickly and based on evidence and research. The vast majority will have a social care background in some field like disability, housing, minorities, drugs and alcohol etc.

Social care workers are those either with or without a social care qualification (times may have changed- i worked as a social care worker with an arts degree- it's more regulated now). Work is also frontline, but might include personal care, supporting people in their own home. Again working in a variety of places.

I suggest you start looking at different courses and the descriptions of it to find out the info you seek? Read this https://gradireland.com/sites/gradireland.com/files/public/Social_work.pdf

thank you ladyMayBelle

Advertisement