Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where would this stand regarding the Tesco price promise?

Options
  • 18-10-2016 12:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭

Just curious more than anything else. I was in my local tesco earlier and they had a special offer of 25% off half legs of lamb and full legs of lamb. The label on the shelf for the full leg of lamb was incorrect, it had the price for the half leg of lamb on it instead, even though it clearly stated 'full leg of lamb'. However, the leg of lamb had the correct price on the actual packaging, along with a 25% off sticker.

Would this be covered by the price promise because of the on-shelf label, or would it be exempt because of the price on the packaging?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

if i read that right, there was a full leg of lamb (stickered correctly) on a shelf. the shelf had advertising the price of 1/2 leg of lamb offer.

you pay for what you bought. Tesco price promise doesn't come into it.

if you found kellogs cornflakes on the shelf under tesco rice crispies, would you expect them to be the price of cornflakes or rice crispies?

Now if you felt the stickering could lead to confusion, you could drop over to customer services and let them know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Just curious more than anything else. I was in my local tesco earlier and they had a special offer of 25% off half legs of lamb and full legs of lamb. The label on the shelf for the full leg of lamb was incorrect, it had the price for the half leg of lamb on it instead, even though it clearly stated 'full leg of lamb'. However, the leg of lamb had the correct price on the actual packaging, along with a 25% off sticker.

Would this be covered by the price promise because of the on-shelf label, or would it be exempt because of the price on the packaging?

If you are charged a different price at the till then the price promise kicks in and you can go to Customer service desk and look for Double the Difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

But the label on the shelf clearly stated 'Full leg of lamb' along with the price. I actually had one thrown in the basket cos I thought it was a great deal :D It wasnt until I looked closer and saw the half legs labelled at the same price that I copped it, and on closer inspection, the meat was stickered with the correct price. But would Tesco's 'if the price on the shelf is different' rule apply?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,543 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Pay for it, then tell them that the price on the shelf is different. They'll get it and check, once this is verified get insist that you get double the difference.

Be sure to take a picture of it. If the store doesn't give it to you, post a message on their Facebook wall and they'll look after you. Happened me recently and I got the Facebook team to confirm on their wall that Tescos policy is double the difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 1983211

I could be wrong but they go by weight, so half lamb leg could be 9.99, and whole lamb leg could be 9.99. But since full one is heavier you pay more. I've often seen them both mixed together as price per KG is the same for both of them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement