Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moving home - no access to meter

Options
  • 18-10-2016 1:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭

Hi

Would it be possible to PM a rep please as I have a query about moving home (rental property) and being unable to access the meter 

I emailed aswell but I am looking for a fairly quick reply if possible

Cheers 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi nicearbhaill,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Do send any of us reps a private message any time. We will all receive it and it will be responded to by the next working day at the latest. We are available on Boards and our other Social Media channels until 6pm Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).

If it is not possible to take a meter-reading to close an account, the account has to be closed to an estimate, which means the final bill will not be accurate and could be an over-charge or under-charge (which can be accounted for some time later).

If you need any further information on what you require for closing your account, do let us know. If you need us to review your account, just private message us the Electric Ireland account number in question, state that you are the account-holder and how your name appears on the account, and your address and date of birth.

Best regards,
    Una

________

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭nicearbhaill

thanks I have sent you a PM I would be happy with an estimated bill

Advertisement