Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lamb Kidneys

Options
  • 18-10-2016 3:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭

Hey all.

Picked up kidneys earlier for a steak and kidney stew. Was supposed to get ox/beef kidney but looks like I got lamb.

Question is: I was planning a stew in the slow cooker with beef and the kidneys. But buddy said that lamb kidneys dry out badly

Help needed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,777 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

They won't dry out any more than beef kidneys. Just don't cut them up too small & make sure that they are covered in the cooking liquid.

(BTW - Thread title says 'Lamb Livers' - do you want that changed to 'Lamb Kidneys'?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

They won't dry out any more than beef kidneys. Just don't cut them up too small & make sure that they are covered in the cooking liquid.

(BTW - Thread title says 'Lamb Livers' - do you want that changed to 'Lamb Kidneys'?)

Yes please and thanks for the feedback

I always use lambs kidneys instead of beef. I cut kidneys in half and as said above, make sure there is plenty of liquid. I usually cook either on a very low gas ring or in a low oven for 2+ hours.

Advertisement