Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running away

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Huzzah!

Don't worry too much about one LSR...... And welcome to the miles club! This will save me a lot of trouble translating your paces in my brain. Haha

Meanwhile, I'll no longer have a breeze what you're talking about :p I'll have to cross-reference with Strava :)

Definitely don't be worrying about one LSR at this early stage. There's plenty of LSRs to come when you've started training for DCM.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭ariana`

Great to read your recent progress. Well done. :cool:

Thanks TBO and good to see you back :)
    Kellygirl wrote: »
    Took me a while to get used to miles but I found it easier as I watched my paces. When I first changed after DCM I was running by feel and it didn’t mean much to me looking at my paces afterwards.

Your body probably needs a break. I think a bit of time easy running and then your holiday and then into DCM training. Dare I ask have you decided on a plan?

I'm going to stick with the Grads plan K. As best i can anyhow around family etc. Saturday's LSR didn't go great and i'm not feeling the love today but as you say hopefully some easy running and then a proper break while i'm on holiday will have me feeling more refreshed!
    Huzzah! wrote: »
    Meanwhile, I'll no longer have a breeze what you're talking about :p I'll have to cross-reference with Strava :)

Definitely don't be worrying about one LSR at this early stage. There's plenty of LSRs to come when you've started training for DCM.

Lol can't please everyone :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭eyrie

And welcome to the miles club! This will save me a lot of trouble translating your paces in my brain. Haha
    I second this!! :D Everything will make so much more sense to me now!

No harm at all to have a week like that after all your recent racing I'd say, it makes total sense that the tiredness would catch up on you. You listened to how you were feeling, and hopefully you'll feel a bit more refreshed this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bluesquare

I’m good with miles or Kms!

I’m curious - How do you measure your heart rate ? Are you pacing yourself for your easy runs based on hr or pace ?

Good luck with the marathon training ! I’ll be keeping a very close eye on you !!! Have you got a particular target time in mind ??????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

I do not mind miles or KM :) Only thing I miss about the Garmin watch I had! It was in miles but the pace was KM ;)

I also would not worry about the LSR at this point! maybe if you can see if there is any group runs on the weekends

I know here one club has LSR on a Saturday morning and all welcome you do not need to be a club member they have a number of distances and paces so no one is alone and running at the correct pace! hopefully something similar near you so you can go out with a group if you want

• Advertisement

Bluesquare wrote: »
    I’m good with miles or Kms!

I’m curious - How do you measure your heart rate ? Are you pacing yourself for your easy runs based on hr or pace ?

Good luck with the marathon training ! I’ll be keeping a very close eye on you !!! Have you got a particular target time in mind ??????

Hi. My watch has a heart monitor on it (garmin 235). It's wrist based which people say aren't the most reliable but I've had it 14 months now and the trend is reliable imo. I pace my easy runs on pace though, the HR is just a bit of interesting additional info :) My easy runs are typically 10:20+ min/miles, which is almost 2:30 mins slower than 5/10k pace which seems excessive but i feel the benefits of the easy miles. To be honest i generally don't look at the watch a lot during these runs i fall into a pace in the first mile and then go with it.

I don't have a target time at the moment. Plan is to train to my current fitness and reassess nearer to the time. The calculators suggest i should be close to 4 hrs based on my 10m & HM times. Personally i think somewhere in the range 4:05-4:15. To be honest i'd be happier to target a conservative time and enjoy/survive it than go all out with an aggressive target and end up miserable and/or as a dnf. I still fear and respect the distance too much to chase an aggressive target. 4 hrs would be nice but unless i'm very very confident i won't go for it.

Baby75 wrote: »
    I do not mind miles or KM :)Only thing I miss about the Garmin watch I had! It was in miles but the pace was KM ;)

I also would not worry about the LSR at this point! maybe if you can see if there is any group runs on the weekends

I know here one club has LSR on a Saturday morning and all welcome you do not need to be a club member they have a number of distances and paces so no one is alone and running at the correct pace! hopefully something similar near you so you can go out with a group if you want

Funny you should say that the first day i changed it the distance was miles and pace was still min/km - i didn't realise you had to change it in two place, my head was wrecked :pac:

I will look into the group runs - thanks.

Monday, June 25th
    60 mins easy
    Total: 5.58 m (1:00:24)
    Avg Pace: 10:49 min/mi
    Splits: 11:18, 11:11, 10:43, 10:39, 10:29, 10:25 (.58)
    Avg HR: 144 bpm
    Comments: Jeepers, the sweat was pouring off me after this, the heat. Lovely otherwise!

Tuesday, June 26th
    Nothing.

Wed, June 27th
    60 min progression - cut short
    Total: 5.6 mi
    Avg Pace: 10:00 min/mi
    Splits: 10:48, 10:30, 10:07, 10:04, 9:00, 9:09 (.6)
    Avg HR: 153 bpm
    Comments: Plan here was 2m @ 10:40-11:00, 2m @ 10:00-10:20, 2m @ 9:00-9:20 which roughly corresponds to my easy, easy/moderate and easy/tempo paces. Another very hot/sweaty evening and ended up having to cut it short. I won’t deny i was struggling from half-way through, possibly earlier. Just rough day/days combined with the heat and not eating properly - I'm quite sure i wasn't in the right head space to begin with.

Thurs, June 28th
    60 mins easy
    Total: 5.76 (1:02:42)
    Avg Pace: 10:53 min/mi
    Splits: 12:06, 10:13, 10:18, 10:35, 11:12, 10:58 (.76)
    Avg HR: 135 bpm
    Comments: With the company of friends. Good to chat this week more than most. Still very warm but left this a bit later than the previous 2 runs this week so not quite as hot.

Fri, June 29th
    Comments: No chance to run.

Sat, June 30th
    Total: 2 hr LSR
    Avg Pace: 11.94 mi (2:06:48)
    Splits: 11:48, 10:29, 10:31, 10:21, 10:14, 10:46, 10:35, 10:26, 11:43, 10:25, 10:15, 9:51 (.94)
    Avg HR: 152 bpm
    Comments: Thoroughly enjoyed this run. A totally new route for me and i incorporated parkrun as the last 3 miles. I never knew how enjoyable parkrun could be at easy pace, i will try to do this more often although i'm not sure if the 4-5 minutes standing around mid-run waiting for pr to start takes a bit from the benefit of the run? Most comfortable LSR in a long time, i think i needed the boost.

Sun, July 1st
    Comments: Opportunity came late in the evening but my biggest asked me to play scrabble with him and i couldn’t refuse him, making memories.

Comments: 29m. What can i say this was one of the most difficult weeks i’ve had in many many years on a personal level. Even writing this log seems trivial but life does go on and these rituals and routines are what keeps us going i guess. But as always when life takes a turn we’re reminded that the things we take for granted are often in fact privileges and running in scenic sunny ireland or even in wet cold ireland is a privilege that i am lucky to experience day in day out.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Pomplamousse

Sorry to hear you had a difficult week. Well done on still getting all those miles done. That last line of your comment is something we all need reminding of from time to time. Hope next week is a better one for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭hillsiderunner

Hope you are ok, Ariana. Sorry to hear things are difficult, hope the running is maybe helping a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭Kellygirl

Well done you. I remember my first marathon when things got a bit tough the pacer would say to us to remember what a privilege it is for us to be able to do what we were doing and so many people wouldn’t have the health to attempt it. I’ve often remembered it since and you have just reminded me again.

On the parkrun point, when I used incorporate it into my runs I’d keep running back and forward until it was nearly time to start - but some days they do very long talks. Maybe you could pick up the pace a bit more on this days?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

I can understand your feelings. Let them be your motivation. When I had my TIA I realised I was seconds away from never being able to do the things I wanted to do. Maybe I have gone overboard but the message still rings true. Enjoy life, chase your dreams, be happy. X

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Sorry to hear you had a tough week ariana. Your attitude and positivity is an example to us all.

It sometimes strikes me how lucky I am/we are to be able to run. I hope everything is okay and that this week will be a brighter one for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭ReeReeG

I know how those crappy and difficult weeks can be, ariana. The running sure does help.

Really sorry to hear you've been having such a tough week ariana. Hope things start to look up soon. Will be thinking of you xx

Thanks folks. I didn't mean to look for sympathy just some very very sad news early in the week and hard as it hit me, it was and will be a lot harder for others. Life can be a b*tch as we all know, none of us go unscathed or won't forever anyhow. But it does go on... and we must with it.

Today i have an woeful headache, i'm not sure if it's allergies or just tiredness, i think allergies as i feel a lot of sinus pressure. Easy run this evening and i do enjoy the easy ones :)

Monday, July 2nd
    60 mins easy
    Total: 6.05 mi (1:05:04)
    Avg Pace: 10:45 min/mi
    Splits: 10:53, 10:36, 10:43, 10:47, 10:52, 10:43
    Avg HR: 142 bpm
    Comments: Lovely run on my own in the sunshine, bit of a breeze going on so it didn’t feel quite as hot as previous hot runs.

Tuesday, July 3rd
    30 mins easy
    Total: 3.2 mi (33:08)
    Avg Pace: 10:21 min/mi
    Splits: 10:33, 10:21, 10:10, 10:20 (.2)
    Avg HR: 137 bpm
    Comments: Nothing noteworthy!

Wed, July 4th
    5k Race - 24:10 official time (course pb by 41 seconds)
    Total: 4.6 mi (inc. warm up and cool down)
    Avg Pace: 7:45 min/mi
    Splits: 7:26, 7:32, 8:17, 7:18 (.12)
    Avg HR: 170 bpm
    Comments: Hot, hot, hot evening and believe it or not quite a strong breeze at times as well, most noticeable in the 3rd mile where there’s a 1km climb (3k-4k). Found this rather tough, maybe i went out too hard in hindsight and didn’t allow for the hot evening, the 3rd mile was car crash and even the 2nd mile was relatively slow as there was a decent descent in it which i didn’t take advantage of. I don’t know if it was the direct sunlight and high temperature but i really didn’t have much fight for this. While slower overall last year (as i’d expect) my splits were a lot more consistent and the last 1.12 miles was actually faster (7:51, 7:50, 8:10, 6:48 (.12))

Thurs, July 5th
    REST

Fri, July 6th
    30 mins very easy with strides
    Total: 3.15mi (31:31)
    Avg Pace: 10:00 min/mi
    Splits: 10:20, 10:03, 9:34
    Avg HR: 145 bpm
    Comments:

Sat, July 7th
    10m Race
    Total: 10.01 mi (Watch - 1:26:52, Chip 1:26:52)
    Avg Pace: 8:41 min/mi
    Splits: 8:22, 8:19, 8:41, 8:15, 8:43, 9:06, 8:44, 8:55, 9:11, 8:34
    Avg HR: 164 bpm
    Comments: 10 mi PB set in March was 1:26:11, I decided to set an aggressive target of 1:23:xx which meant an average pace of 8:18-8:23. So off i went, the first couple of miles went ok at that pace but it wasn’t coming easy and deep down i think i knew i was in trouble though it was at the halfway point before i admitted it to myself. I passed halfway in 41:50 so on target but i had to work way too hard for that and in the 2nd half i fell apart physically and mentally. Once i saw mile 6 clock in at over 9 mins i just gave up. The improvements in pace in mile 7 & 8 were due to the elevation of the course rather than any great efforts from me to pick up the pace. I didn’t really rally again until i approached the finish line and then i found a bit of spirit alright - shame i couldn’t locate it sooner, i had no fight in me, usually i try to talk myself into keeping on going but instead i was hanging up my runners and i had drawn a big red X through DCM. In hindsight of course i was being over dramatic. The target was too ambitious for the weather conditions but if i targeted 1:25:xx i’d possibly be here writing about a 15 second PB and nice and all as that would be would it really have made much difference? I’m at a point where i’d like to start seeing my times at 10m & HM line up with my 5k & 10k times and 1:25:59 really wasn’t going to do much in that respect, so no regrets, i went for it and it backfired this time but hopefully it’ll stand to me next time. Overall i must comment this was a fantastic race - super organisation, the post race food was the best i've every seen and a flat potentially fast course - i will definitely be back :D

Sun, July 8th
    60 mins easy
    Total: 5.8 mi (1:02:00)
    Avg Pace: 10:40 min/mi
    Splits: 11:09, 10:21, 10:05, 10:46, 10:53, 10:48 (.8)
    Avg HR: 139 bpm
    Comments: Legs were heavy when i woke up and i thought i'd just do a 2m recovery run but by 7pm after a day spent packing and cleaning the house the legs felt good again so i went for 60 easy and enjoyed it so much i let the pace slip a bit in miles 2 & 3 :rolleyes:

Comments: 33 miles. Well that’s it the end of my Summer racing! I’ve lost count of the races but i’ve PB’ed at 5k (23:33), 10k (49:48) and Half Marathon (1:56) and a few other course PBs. I’m happy with all of those PBs, especially the 5k which exceeded my expectations going from 24:36, i never thought i’d break 24 mins never mind do it so decisively. Where to from here? Well, holidays first and foremost! I’m looking forward to a break from running but i know i’ll be looking forward to getting back to it too! I’m looking forward to starting into a new plan and doing some sessions again as these have been shelved for the past 2 months with all the racing. I’ll admit i’m not feeling overly confident or enthusiastic about DCM itself at the moment but getting onto a plan does hold a strong appeal and i’m sure the rest will follow and if nothing else the next 3 months training will give me a great base for whatever i decide is next after DCM. Bring it on but first some r&r :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭Kellygirl

Have a brilliant holiday and rest Ariana. You’ve had an incredible few months so the rest is very well deserved.

ariana` wrote:
    Comments: 33 miles. Well that’s it the end of my Summer racing! I’ve lost count of the races but i’ve PB’ed at 5k (23:33), 10k (49:48) and Half Marathon (1:56) and a few other course PBs. I’m happy with all of those PBs, especially the 5k which exceeded my expectations going from 24:36, i never thought i’d break 24 mins never mind do it so decisively. Where to from here? Well, holidays first and foremost! I’m looking forward to a break from running but i know i’ll be looking forward to getting back to it too! I’m looking forward to starting into a new plan and doing some sessions again as these have been shelved for the past 2 months with all the racing. I’ll admit i’m not feeling overly confident or enthusiastic about DCM itself at the moment but getting onto a plan does hold a strong appeal and i’m sure the rest will follow and if nothing else the next 3 months training will give me a great base for whatever i decide is next after DCM. Bring it on but first some r&r

That's a fantastic output from your Summer. Well done E.

I'll just throw in a few comments which might get you thinking about a few things if you decide to revisit the shorter stuff after DCM training. Hopefully none of this comes across as patronizing or anything like that but I think it could help.

1. You race a lot! It takes its toll so expecting pbs in almost every race is probably a lot to ask of yourself.
    2. Racing a 5k and 10M race in the same week is tough. Don't be too hard on yourself. I have a sneaking suspicion you did that knowing a break was coming. Not many people would be able to run pbs at those two distances in the same week (I'd make the argument they shouldn't try either. Haha)
    3. The training for the different distances is quite different. If you want to target 5k races the training for that will be very different to a half marathon. So don't be too surprised if you're not getting the gains you hope or expect in one or the other. The body is a machine that needs a bit of fine tuning. For example I ran Shanagolden 5k off a block of training for longer stuff. I wasn't finely tuned. A few weeks of 5k specific stuff (more fast, sharp anaerobic type stuff) really made a huge difference. If I was to run a HM now I'd probably struggle a bit without a bit of fine tuning at that end (more tempo/aerobic stuff).
    4. You're about the fifth person I've seen who's not overly enthusiastic about DCM. Don't be afraid not to do it! The shorter stuff is fun. I keep telling people this. Haha. Don't let FOMO rule your heart.
    5. If you do decide to go back to shorter stuff after DCM it might be a good idea to semi structure your year a bit more rather than hitting multiple distances in the same period. That way you'll see greater gains in each. For example my year has kinda been 5k then onto 10k/10M, then on to 5k again. The HM actually got very little HM specific training believe it or not.
    6. If you're happy doing what you're doing ignore all of the above. Whatever makes you happy.
    7. Don't undersell yourself. With the right training you're capable of way quicker than 24min 5k, which in itself is a great achievement but nowhere near your ceiling.
    8. Enjoy the break!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Have a lovely holiday Ariana :D

• Advertisement

+1 to everything P said. As one of the 5 I can understand how you feel about DCM. We did DCM following a plan last year. Every day and every week ticked off was an achievement, the next week a goal. Without having a plan and targeted goal races you are jumping from part of a plan to races over different distances. Not easy. Maybe like me you're finding the idea of marathon training a bit of a drudge compared to the shorter and sharper stuff for the shorter distances. Maybe go at it a bit aggressively, it'll keep the training challenging and if you decide to just rein back and enjoy the day so be it.

skyblue46 wrote:
    +1 to everything P said. As one of the 5 I can understand how you feel about DCM. We did DCM following a plan last year. Every day and every week ticked off was an achievement, the next week a goal. Without having a plan and targeted goal races you are jumping from part of a plan to races over different distances. Not easy. Maybe like me you're finding the idea of marathon training a bit of a drudge compared to the shorter and sharper stuff for the shorter distances. Maybe go at it a bit aggressively, it'll keep the training challenging and if you decide to just rein back and enjoy the day so be it.

Good point S. If that type of plan structure is what you're into it's not overly difficult to structure the shorter stuff in that way too.
    A 16 week block of training where you treat it as something like three blocks with three races or something along those lines. I guess it depends what you want though. It's not for some people but one of the main things I've loved about my own training is the constant variety. Each block complimenting and feeding into the next.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Pomplamousse

Enjoy your well deserved holiday:)

Good point S. If that type of plan structure is what you're into it's not overly difficult to structure the shorter stuff in that way too.
    A 16 week block of training where you treat it as something like three blocks with three races or something along those lines. I guess it depends what you want though. It's not for some people but one of the main things I've loved about my own training is the constant variety. Each block complimenting and feeding into the next.

I had 2 goal races this year. It kept my eye on the ball. I was delighted with the results but already feel I can better them. My targets are exactly as you mention there...a 10 miler (not Mullingar which will be a test run) and a half. I'll mix up bits of the grads half plan for the next few weeks and move more to the full plan after Ratoath half.

Have a really great holiday!

You've had a pretty incredible few months ariana - look at where you are now compared to last year. A great time for a break - hope you thoroughly enjoy it!

Thanks for all the holidays wishes, i did read them before heading off but i can't seem to log in to Boards on my phone so i couldn't reply. I had a great time :)

Monday, July 9th
    45 mins very very easy
    Total: 4 mi (47:10)
    Avg Pace: 11:45 min/mi
    Splits: 12:05, 11:32, 11:38, 11:39
    Avg HR: 134 bpm
    Comments: A lunch time departure for holidays meant i got a small window of opportunity to sneak in a short run in the morning time. This was really a recovery run, legs were heavy presumably from the 10m race on Saturday.

Thurs, July 12th
    Holiday running part 1
    Total: 5.33 mi (57:25)
    Avg Pace: 10:47 min/mi
    Splits: 11:05, 11:09, 10:37, 10:48, 10:00, 11:21 (.33)
    Avg HR: 145 bpm
    Comments: First of 3 holiday runs, this was quite hot and sticky but i loved getting out and stretching the legs after a few lazy days. Lovely to be running somewhere new too, along by the sea in the sunshine - what more could a girl ask for!

Sat, July 14th
    Holiday running part 2
    Total: 6.25 mi (1:05:51)
    Avg Pace: 10:32 min/mi
    Splits: 10:53, 10:32, 10:14, 10:20, 10:23, 10:28, 11:44 (.250
    Avg HR: 148 bpm
    Comments: Thoroughly enjoyed this again, took a slightly different route than the previous run. Just fab

Comments: 15.5 miles. A low mileage week but that was the plan - running for fun and no pressure, nice recovery after a solid six months training and racing, ahead of marathon training.

That's a fantastic output from your Summer. Well done E.

I'll just throw in a few comments which might get you thinking about a few things if you decide to revisit the shorter stuff after DCM training. Hopefully none of this comes across as patronizing or anything like that but I think it could help.

1. You race a lot! It takes its toll so expecting pbs in almost every race is probably a lot to ask of yourself.
    2. Racing a 5k and 10M race in the same week is tough. Don't be too hard on yourself. I have a sneaking suspicion you did that knowing a break was coming. Not many people would be able to run pbs at those two distances in the same week (I'd make the argument they shouldn't try either. Haha)
    3. The training for the different distances is quite different. If you want to target 5k races the training for that will be very different to a half marathon. So don't be too surprised if you're not getting the gains you hope or expect in one or the other. The body is a machine that needs a bit of fine tuning. For example I ran Shanagolden 5k off a block of training for longer stuff. I wasn't finely tuned. A few weeks of 5k specific stuff (more fast, sharp anaerobic type stuff) really made a huge difference. If I was to run a HM now I'd probably struggle a bit without a bit of fine tuning at that end (more tempo/aerobic stuff).
    4. You're about the fifth person I've seen who's not overly enthusiastic about DCM. Don't be afraid not to do it! The shorter stuff is fun. I keep telling people this. Haha. Don't let FOMO rule your heart.
    5. If you do decide to go back to shorter stuff after DCM it might be a good idea to semi structure your year a bit more rather than hitting multiple distances in the same period. That way you'll see greater gains in each. For example my year has kinda been 5k then onto 10k/10M, then on to 5k again. The HM actually got very little HM specific training believe it or not.
    6. If you're happy doing what you're doing ignore all of the above. Whatever makes you happy.
    7. Don't undersell yourself. With the right training you're capable of way quicker than 24min 5k, which in itself is a great achievement but nowhere near your ceiling.
    8. Enjoy the break!

Thanks P. I welcome advice any time and don't find it patronising in any way. Food for thought there and not too far from the way i've been thinking myself also especially with respect to next year. I spent a bit of time over the holidays thinking about the recent races and i hope that next year i will be in a better position to target a smaller selection of races and give them a proper lash rather than doing every local race just because it suits. I would still like to target a couple of distances though so i guess i'll be looking for advice on structuring the training for that closer to the time but right now i am thinking 10k-10m ;)

With respect to DCM i'm starting a 14 week plan next week and i'm excited to be starting a plan again and doing some serious training but i'm going to take it run by run and see how it all feels, i won't quit on 1 bad run but if i'm not enjoying it as a whole (especially the long runs) then i will re-evaluate. Last year i felt DCM was a huge turning point for me - it was my first time following any kind of structured training and i learnt so much from that and from the novices thread in general which has really benefited me since then but I can't deny it also left me a mess and i barely ran until the 4th week of December after it and it was probably February before my knee finally stopped hurting me so I don't want a repeat of that. If it's going to be too much for me then i'd rather opt out sooner rather than later and focus on a distance that i'm able to train for aggressively without risking injury.

Anyhow, i've gone off onto some general musings - too much time to think over the holibobs i guess :cool:

ariana` wrote:
    Thanks P. I welcome advice any time and don't find it patronising in any way. Food for thought there and not too far from the way i've been thinking myself also especially with respect to next year. I spent a bit of time over the holidays thinking about the recent races and i hope that next year i will be in a better position to target a smaller selection of races and give them a proper lash rather than doing every local race just because it suits. I would still like to target a couple of distances though so i guess i'll be looking for advice on structuring the training for that closer to the time but right now i am thinking 10k-10m

Great attitude as always E and a good approach. See what the body can manage and assess from there. A lot of the injured folk I know have typically been injured through marathon training. It's a big load and needs to be managed.

As for targeting a couple of distances that's probably the best thing to be doing to be honest. Since January I've targeted 5k, 10k/10M and the half. That's in the space of 6 months. Granted I didn't get a big block of half training in.
    Don't underestimate the benefits from a good 5k block too.

• Advertisement

As for targeting a couple of distances that's probably the best thing to be doing to be honest. Since January I've targeted 5k, 10k/10M and the half. That's in the space of 6 months. Granted I didn't get a big block of half training in.
    Don't underestimate the benefits from a good 5k block too.

Yeah, i haven't written off 5k either ;)

Advertisement