Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Storing a bike

Options
  • 18-10-2016 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭

Going to miss next year's season through work so looks like I'll be putting my lovely carbon TT bike in the attic for about 18 months. Any tips on the best way to store it? Should air be let out of the tyres? Any components that should be removed? Degreased? Store right way up, on side etc?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

Bump.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,618 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i left a couple of bikes in my parents attic for several years, with no special preparation done. doesn't seem to have done them any harm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I usually take off the chain and cassette and thoroughly clean them and then spray with WD40 and wrap in newspaper. I also remove the wheels and deflate the tyres. Spray another bit of WD40 on the brake callipers and shifters. That's about it really.

Advertisement