Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does satay sauce have dairy in it?

Options
  • 18-10-2016 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

I'm wondering does Satay sauce have dairy in it? I've had tests done and am intolerant to a significant amount of food... dairy, eggs, gluten, wheat, barley, rice, potatoes, corn, almonds, hazelnuts,pistachio as well as peas and cabbage!
    Have changed diet significantly, but finding it difficult when ordering out in restaurants or for takeaway, any advice is welcome. Often vegan options are great but contain potatoes or rice etc, so finding it near impossible to eat out. Any help is greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

You'd be best asking your local restaurant/takeaway what they put in their sauce but in general there shouldn't be any dairy in it. There might be cornflour used to thicken it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I would advise going to a doctor rather than an allergy testing service, as a list that long, detailed and food specific sounds like a quickly done IgG test which is medically useless.

An IgG test reaction does not indicate an intolerance, basically.

If you are, in fact, intolerant to corn I would avoid all takeaway Asian food.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Aber2012

Tests were done through a consultant, so it is medically led.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

You would have to ask but even then I would be cautious, as the person serving is often clueless and the people cooking at that time might not have actually made the sauce, and could have language difficulties

If you search tesco online you will see ingredients lists for store bought ones to give you some idea. The 2 that come up would be unsuitable.

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=272671353
    http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=265817786
    Aber2012 wrote: »
    , almonds, hazelnuts,pistachio as well as peas and cabbage!
    seems odd you are allergic to those nuts and peas but not peanuts? peanuts are legumes, in the same family as peas so would have guessed you would also have issues with them. Almonds and pistachio are also not classed as nuts botanically.

Advertisement