Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading GTX 750ti.

Options
  • 18-10-2016 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭

I'm replacing my MSI GTX 750ti. Have it up for sale at the minute.
    I was thinking of going for an RX 460 but then seen a GTX 960 for sale used for e100.

Which do you guys think would be best to go for? RX 460 or GTX 960?

Thanks

(Rest of my build is an i3 6100 with 8gb ram)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

A GTX960 for 100 is a pretty good deal that I'd be inclined to go for. The RX460 is slower but obviously a brand new one would have full warranty and use a bit less power. Realistically a GTX750Ti would still fetch around €80 so if you can get a GTX960 for 100 just go for it I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Blackgator

Thanks Terror. The 960 I was gonna buy is sold and the guy buying mine pulled out as he decided to get a 1050ti instead. Guess I'll stick with what have for now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭thierry14

Blackgator wrote: »
    Thanks Terror. The 960 I was gonna buy is sold and the guy buying mine pulled out as he decided to get a 1050ti instead. Guess I'll stick with what have for now.

Yeah the 1050ti looks a little monster

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Eoinmc97

thierry14 wrote: »
    Yeah the 1050ti looks a little monster
    I'm skeptical of the 1050T mainly because nVidia will most likely go for the 75W plug and play aspect for the card. I'm not sure if it will pass out a 960 yet, mainly because the 1050Ti will most likely be touted to beat the 950.

Eoinmc97 wrote: »
    I'm skeptical of the 1050T mainly because nVidia will most likely go for the 75W plug and play aspect for the card. I'm not sure if it will pass out a 960 yet, mainly because the 1050Ti will most likely be touted to beat the 950.

I would expect it to easily sail past the 950, presently the rX460 doesnt beat the 950 in DX11 but does so in DX12, I'd expect the GTX1050 to come up trumps in DX11 and fall between 950 and 960 performance, which is more important at the moment, dx12 benches are good benchmarks but not mainstream.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Blackgator

Finally got 750ti sold. Now need to decide which card to get.

Thinking about the 4GB PowerColor Radeon RX 480 Red Dragon Single Fan Aktiv PCIe 3.0 x16 (Retail), it would be at at the top end of my budget. *E200

Would anyone have any better recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Blackgator wrote: »
    Finally got 750ti sold. Now need to decide which card to get.

Thinking about the 4GB PowerColor Radeon RX 480 Red Dragon Single Fan Aktiv PCIe 3.0 x16 (Retail), it would be at at the top end of my budget. *E200

Would anyone have any better recommendations?

That seems fine, it is a decent card.

I personally don't like the Red Dragon single cooler, it's cheap and doesn't do a great job. There are other Red Dragon models which are dual fan which are much better. I'd personally be happier with a better model RX470 4GB than that single fan model. The Sapphire RX470 4GB reference cooler with backplate is a nice card and the exhaust cooler can be pretty beneficial given it exhausts air directly out of the case.

Advertisement