Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MTB Trails in North Kerry?

Options
  • 18-10-2016 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭

I've recently moved to Tralee. I was spoiled throughout my life til now with having trails just a few kms away from my house for a quick blast and being within 45 mins drive to the Dublin / Wicklow mountains.

I know I now have the option to drive to Ballyhoura and I think there's some trails in west Kerry?? But I cannot find any info online re trails near Tralee.... Maybe there are none?

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Robotack wrote: »
    I've recently moved to Tralee. I was spoiled throughout my life til now with having trails just a few kms away from my house for a quick blast and being within 45 mins drive to the Dublin / Wicklow mountains.

I know I now have the option to drive to Ballyhoura and I think there's some trails in west Kerry?? But I cannot find any info online re trails near Tralee.... Maybe there are none?

Any help appreciated.
    Check the heat map on strava

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Robotack

No joy

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭TooObvious

Aren't there some mountains just south of Tralee?? If you check google maps there's a trail you can start off on called the "Kerry Camino"?

Forget about trail centres, if a mountain can be walked up or down, then it can be mountain biked on as well. You've loads of mountains where you are!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

Killarney Cycling club have a very big enduro and CX country MTB scene, check them out, there are a lot of guys that live in Tralee that make the commute for the spins.

Advertisement