Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canada vs Australia?

Options
  • 18-10-2016 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of moving abroad to work for a year but I'm undecided as to where. I've narrowed it down to either Australia or Canada, mainly because the job market is good in both and I've also heard great things about both!

Anyone have any advice on which country I should pick out of these two? I guess what I'm looking for is somewhere where I can work, go out and make new friends easily enough. I haven't done a huge amount of travelling so this is all new to me. Advice appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

If it were me I'd pick Australia. Canada is relatively close to us (you can be in Canada in 4 or 5 hours from Dublin) so you can see that part of the world "any time", even with a family in tow.

Australia is much more hassle to get to. Also if you're based in Australia for a year, you can relatively easily explore much of south east Asia.

I have no idea how easy or otherwise it is to make friends in either country, having never lived in either but I suspect it'll be a regional thing in both cases. I do know people in Australia who have settled, married Australians and made lives for themselves there however, so it must be possible to make friends!

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Why limit to those two? What's your criteria? English speaking? What do you do for work?

Advertisement