Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marketing at DIT

Options
  • 18-10-2016 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hello I'm currently in leaving cert and think I would like this course as I have an interest in business and economics Would anybody be able to give me an idea on what the course is like as their hasn't been much info on boards in the last few years.I'd just like to know what assignments would be giving,timetables,lectures and job opportunities thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭RoebuckWilson

Mayogaa123 wrote: »
    Hello I'm currently in leaving cert and think I would like this course as I have an interest in business and economics Would anybody be able to give me an idea on what the course is like as their hasn't been much info on boards in the last few years.I'd just like to know what assignments would be giving,timetables,lectures and job opportunities thanks.

Hi,

Graduating this November. Great course, couldn't recommend it enough.

First and second year are practical and diverse in terms of modules. Workload is intense, and group work is a huge facet. First year has 11 modules, and 2nd and 3rd is 6 modules per semester. Third and final becomes very intense, particularly final year. You focus on 5 key modules in case format as well as a research dissertation.

You'll cover everything from accounting to consumer research, as well as modules you'd typically imagine. Class size range goes from about 50 in 1st and 2nd year to about 20 in 4th year. Great opportunities throughout including working on projects with companies directly, study abroad, work placement and international business competitions.

I would say most people had jobs, if they were in any way focused, either before they left or within a few months. Sky's the limit with the course really.

I'd say go to the open day to get a feel for the place. But genuinely, people coming out of the course are heads above many peers as the diversity of topics and the practical nature of the course means you're ready to work!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Mayogaa123

ghpeople wrote: »
    Hi,

Graduating this November. Great course, couldn't recommend it enough.

First and second year are practical and diverse in terms of modules. Workload is intense, and group work is a huge facet. First year has 11 modules, and 2nd and 3rd is 6 modules per semester. Third and final becomes very intense, particularly final year. You focus on 5 key modules in case format as well as a research dissertation.

You'll cover everything from accounting to consumer research, as well as modules you'd typically imagine. Class size range goes from about 50 in 1st and 2nd year to about 20 in 4th year. Great opportunities throughout including working on projects with companies directly, study abroad, work placement and international business competitions.

I would say most people had jobs, if they were in any way focused, either before they left or within a few months. Sky's the limit with the course really.

I'd say go to the open day to get a feel for the place. But genuinely, people coming out of the course are heads above many peers as the diversity of topics and the practical nature of the course means you're ready to work!
    Thanks very much sounds great I'll be there for open day thanks a million

Advertisement