Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir

Options
  • 18-10-2016 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi, 
    Why bill pay users like me have no access to 4G?
    another bill pay I have with Vodafone switch me automatically to 4G. Now I have iPhone 6 with no 4G.
    I was tricked by eir!.  What's the point to sell 4G phones? 
    I bought phone just when 4G start.I'm angry to be treated like an idiot.Now need to wait until contract will finish next year may 2017! I can't even pay extra to use 4G!I Can not do anyhing ignored by customer service. Service is slow and only annoying me. Sorry but that's true and I don't want to hear that's contract I signed this network is not flexible for customer needs and even changing name won't help if they won't be respecting customers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

karloseqm wrote: »
    Hi, 
    Why bill pay users like me have no access to 4G?
    another bill pay I have with Vodafone switch me automatically to 4G. Now I have iPhone 6 with no 4G.
    I was tricked by eir!.  What's the point to sell 4G phones? 
    I bought phone just when 4G start.I'm angry to be treated like an idiot.Now need to wait until contract will finish next year may 2017! I can't even pay extra to use 4G!I Can not do anyhing ignored by customer service. Service is slow and only annoying me. Sorry but that's true and I don't want to hear that's contract I signed this network is not flexible for customer needs and even changing name won't help if they won't be respecting customers!
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]karloseqm,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch, I'm so sorry to hear you feel this way. In order to be able to receive 4G you must be in a 4G area, are you in a 4G area? You can check this here https://www.eir.ie/ourmobilenetwork/[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭karloseqm

Yes I'm in 4G area and was told that I don't have 4G because simply I have bill pay with 3G.

Yes I'm in 4G area and was told that I don't have 4G because simply I have bill pay with 3G.

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]No problem [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]karloseqm,[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]I would recommend changing your plan & you will be able to avail of the 4G service. You can do this with our sales team on 1800503303, or you can also chat to them online here https://www.eir.ie/chatnow/[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]No problem [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]karloseqm,[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]I would recommend changing your plan & you will be able to avail of the 4G service. You can do this with our sales team on 1800503303, or you can also chat to them online here https://www.eir.ie/chatnow/[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭karloseqm

, I would recommend changing your plan & you will be able to avail of the 4G service. You can do this with our sales team on 1800503303, or you can also chat to them online here

I asked in shop and even rang them to get informations they told me to wait until may 2017 when my contract will be finish and then upgrade as is nothing they can do. I have another bill pay with vodafone and they easy switch me from 3G to 4G. My current bill pay with eir is used by my wife.She is complaing all the time about Internet service.
    I have Internet at home with eir as well and paying 60 euro plus around 40 euro for eir mobile bill pay... Sorry but what I will do? Next year will change to Vodafone and move fibre broadband to different operator monday as Eir is greedy badly greedy. Getting from me 100 euro every month and not offering me even 4G! Eir will loose 1200 euro per year as I will never go near them ever!. I'm eir customer past few years and feel cheated especially that I bought IPhone 6 for wife to use 4G in future and eir blocked possibilities for that. All advertisements about 4G and they not implementing that service then! I think even meteor is switching to 4G but I might be wrong.

Please wake up eir and don't forget that customers are most important.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Eir: Pamela
    , I would recommend changing your plan & you will be able to avail of the 4G service. You can do this with our sales team on 1800503303, or you can also chat to them online here

I asked in shop and even rang them to get informations they told me to wait until may 2017  when my contract will be finish and then upgrade as is nothing they can do. I have another bill pay with vodafone and they easy switch me  from 3G to 4G. My current bill pay with eir is used by my wife.She is complaing all the time about Internet service.
    I have Internet at home with eir as well and paying 60 euro plus around 40 euro for  eir mobile bill pay... Sorry but what I will do?  Next year will change to Vodafone and move fibre broadband to different operator monday as Eir is greedy badly greedy. Getting from me 100 euro every month and not offering me even 4G! Eir will loose 1200 euro per year as I will never go near them ever!.  I'm eir customer past few years and feel cheated especially that I bought IPhone 6 for wife to use 4G in future and eir blocked possibilities for that. All advertisements about 4G and they not implementing that service then! I think even meteor is switching to 4G but I might be wrong.

Please wake up eir and don't forget that customers are most important.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]There shouldn’t be an issue upgrading your plan karloseqm. Feel free to PM me your mobile number & pin & I'll check this.[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭cobweb

Hi Eir, 

Could you explain why when I reported my phone as not working earlier this year and asked for the call to be recorded and a copy sent to me that 
    A) I never received a copy of the call
    B) I am being charged for calls I can not make as the phone was never fixed as i havent got round to making an appointment for guy to come out. Coming November it will be a year out of order and in that time I have not used the phone as I have a mobile

I rang and complained about this before

Just looking at the times and dates interestingly most occur when i am out of the house at work and the house is empty

Thank you

cobweb wrote: »
    Hi Eir, 

Could you explain why when I reported my phone as not working earlier this year and asked for the call to be recorded and a copy sent to me that 
    B) I am being charged for calls I can not make as the phone was never fixed as i havent got round to making an appointment for guy to come out. Coming November it will be a year out of order and in that time I have not used the phone as I have a mobile

Just looking at the times and dates interestingly most occur when i am out of the house at work and the house is empty

Thank you
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]cobweb,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm so sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your line. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]All bills are automated & will be issued until the fault is resolved. Our customer care team will be able to remove any charges from the bill that need to be removed however you will need to make an appointment with our faults team to have this issue resolved. You can contact them on 1890260260 or Freephone 1901. Appointments run Monday to Friday and they will be allocated as AM or PM.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]All call recordings would need to be requested in writing from the data protection officer at the below address[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Data protection officer[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]1 Heuston South Quarter[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]St John's Road[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Dublin 8[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭cobweb

Hi Eir, 

Thank you
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm so sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your line. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]All bills are automated & will be issued until the fault is resolved. Our customer care team will be able to remove any charges from the bill that need to be removed however you will need to make an appointment with our faults team to have this issue resolved. You can contact them on 1890260260 or Freephone 1901. Appointments run Monday to Friday and they will be allocated as AM or PM.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]All call recordings would need to be requested in writing from the data protection officer at the below address[/font]

Thanks for the reply. I have no problem bills being issued. I just have an issue with calls been added to the bill when I have already reported the phone as out of order and unusable, therefore those calls werentactually  made and especially at the times used by eir to pump up the bill as i was working. I will give them a ring to remove them.

Thanks

Hi Eir, 

Thank you

Thanks for the reply. I have no problem bills being issued. I just have an issue with calls been added to the bill when I have already reported the phone as out of order and unusable, therefore those calls werentactually  made and especially at the times used by eir to pump up the bill as i was working. I will give them a ring to remove them.

Thanks
    No problem cobweb,

-Pamela 

• Advertisement

Thanks for ignoring me after I pm you
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]karloseqm,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I responded to you [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]24-10-2016 at 2.54PM & I am still waiting for you to reply. :( [/font]

Advertisement