Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland Shares

Options
  • 19-10-2016 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi 

I'm new to  investing. I see bank of Ireland share price is at 17cent today. 
    Can people with knowledge and experience of investing give me there opinion on buying some of these shares as a long term investment?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82,579 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Stay clear of any Irish bank shares if your new to investing, they were 35cent a year ago and lots of people were pumping money in to them then thinking they were a bargain. Better long term investment would be Netflix, Tesla or an oil company.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 pat111

Thanks for the reply.

Yes i am new to investing. 
    Ireland is still in recover at the minute. These shares would be used to fund my retirement. surely in 25 years down the line these shares will increase would you not agree?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,356 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

pat111 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply.

Ireland is still in recover at the minute. These shares would be used to fund my retirement. surely in 25 years down the line these shares will increase would you not agree?
    Back in 2007 when shares were 18 euro, people thought they were a great investment. 

• Registered Users Posts: 82,579 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Thanks for the reply.

But what is your surely based on? The property market in Ireland could fold again, BOI has UK exposure that is uncertain with Brexit. I would rather stick €10k on a horse that was tipped by a known jockey than stick it on Irish bank shares.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭worded

Mate of mine jumped in at 9 cent

It's all a gamble, how big a gamble, who knows ....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Hi 

I'm new to  investing. I see bank of Ireland share price is at 17cent today. 
    Can people with knowledge and experience of investing give me there opinion on buying some of these shares as a long term investment?
    Hi pat111, thanks for getting in touch and welcome to Boards.ie

We can’t advise you on buying Bank of Ireland shares, it’d be best to discuss this with a qualified investment adviser or stockbroker.

Please let me know if you need help with anything else, thanks.
    Nicola

Advertisement