Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disabled iPad 2 - Is there a way to unlock it?

Options
  • 19-10-2016 1:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭

Got my dad an iPad for Christmas a couple years ago. He's been using it most days since then. But a couple weeks ago it wasn't recgnising the password and every time he entered it he got the iPad is disable, try again in x minutes error. And try he did until it came up with the Disabled - Connect to iTunes error.

And that's where I was asked to look at it. Not being an Apple guy myself I've had to look online to find possible solutions. Everything seems to involve a restore/factory reset. But I was wondering does anyone here know a way to unlock without resetting it? He never backed it up, which seems to be the only method suggested. And the iPad is not being picked up by the computer because it's locked.
    He says he has no photos on it, but I'm sure I've seen screenshots of some of his facetime talks with my brother's family I think he might want. even if I could browse the photos somehow to ensure there are none he wants, it would be handy.

And does anyone know why the passcode would stop working? I know he was entering it right because it's an easy one for him to remember and he even wrote it down. And as I've said he's been entering it for 2 years.

Thanks for any help you can provide

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭outinthefields

Use your dad's apple id to go into icloud and see if his pics are there. If they are just reset and bring em back down, same thing with app store.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,461 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Should be a "forgot my apple ID" there somewhere. Click that and it sends a password reset to whatever mail account the iPad was registered with, prob your dad's or possibly yours!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Did that and not there. I was hoping they might've uploaded in the background while he was using the iPad but probably had to access iCloud in the first place before that happened, since when I logged in it gave me all the licensing agreements and all.
    Also which section would the photos be under? I see 6: Contacts, Notes, Pages, Numbers, Keynote, Settings.

Have the appleID and password. Already did that reset when trying the sync fix suggestion. It's the 4 digits passcode that disabled the iPad

Advertisement