Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF1 settings sharing

Options
  • 19-10-2016 2:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭

Might as well get a thread going for the best settings you've found to work best with your system. If others see they have the same or similar specs might help them find their best settings. I have been trying different settings and found medium work best for me but I am a noob on pc gaming so there might be better settings!

CPU: i7 4790k @4.0Ghz (no OC)
    GPU: Geforce GTX 750 Ti 4gb OC
    RAM: 16GB corsair DDR3
    Monitor: 1920x1080, 60hz

I tried settings on ultra but was getting 30fps and found that Medium settings are better for frames and graphics.

Here's the default settings on the control panel:
    399499.JPG
    399500.JPG

And the Geforce experience recommended (with settings I had from the trial):

399501.JPG
    +100fps with the recommended.

Ultra was giving me 35 choppy frames with Scale factor set to 90% and occlusion and post antialiasing set to off looked good if I didn't move.

Settling with medium for now about 50fps

399503.JPG

I found that having vsync off gives slightly more frames and there is no noticeable difference anyway basic settings. Full screen and windowed mode are the same fps for me:

399504.JPG

If sharing your setting remember to include:

CPU:
    GPU:
    RAM:
    (to make others feel jealous)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I7 5960X
    R290X2
    32Gb DDR4

1080 Ultra in DX 11

100+ fps.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

I5 6500
    GTX 1070
    8GB of ram(must get more)

everything on ultra, DX11, running like silk

• Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

i7 950
    GTX1070 FTW
    16 GB RAM.
    2K @59.9hz
    DX12
    Turned off GPU memory limiter.
    I just pressed ultra. Seems to run perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

i7 950
    GTX1070 FTW
    16 GB RAM.
    2K @59.9hz
    DX12
    Turned off GPU memory limiter.
    I just pressed ultra. Seems to run perfectly.

Seen some people were having bother with DX12. Switching to 11 was giving better performance

• Registered Users Posts: 7,845 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Seen some people were having bother with DX12. Switching to 11 was giving better performance

Yeah I just noticed I was having trouble killing people like others mentioned. Shooting directly at people and nothing happening. Switching back to DX11 now to test.

At least i'm blaming DX12 for my poor aim :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Any tangible visual benefits from using DX12?
    I've a GTX1060 so will probably switch to DX11 for the extra FPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Any tangible visual benefits from using DX12?
    I've a GTX1060 so will probably switch to DX11 for the extra FPS.

I think when nvidia/AMD release a new driver there should be but I aint seen it at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I would drop the resolution scale back to 100%, applying super sampling on a Gtx750Ti is not really ideal, with 100% you should push over the 60fps mark and it won't make a huge difference visually. That's a really strange gaming setup - 4790K with a GTX750Ti!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

I'm running a 2500k OC'ed to 4.4GHz, a Nvida 1060 and 16 Gigs of Ram. Anyone similar? and what are your settings?

I'm running a 2500k OC'ed to 4.4GHz, a Nvida 1060 and 16 Gigs of Ram. Anyone similar? and what are your settings?

I've the exact same but my 2500k is running at stock 3.3GHz (I've the game installed on a SSD along with the Windows OS partition).
    Once I get the game running tonight or tomorrow I'll post my settings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

CPU : Intel i7 3770k overclocked to 4.4ghz
    GPU : Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1080
    RAM : 16GB Corsair LP

Everything on Ultra running like silk on my 144hz monitor

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I've the exact same but my 2500k is running at stock 3.3GHz (I've the game installed on a SSD along with the Windows OS partition).
    Once I get the game running tonight or tomorrow I'll post my settings.

I am running a near identical setup to you two guys..

Win 7 64
    i5 2500K @ 4.4ghz
    16 GB RAM 2133mhz
    iChill GTX1060
    24" TFT 1920x1200

I had all on Ultra but customed the like of motion blur (hate that ****e) and turned off the shadow play.

I ALWAYS force vsync I hate the tearing effect in games I was getting my 60fps due to the vsync.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

GTX 1070
    i5-6600k @ 3.5
    16GB RAM

Runs fine with everything on ultra and 130% Resolution scale. Monitor is holding me back as with VSync its locked at 60 FPS. VSync off its round about 110-120 FPS but ill be damned if im going to play the game with screen tearing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

I7 3930k overclocked to 4.2Ghz
    Nvidia 1080 overclocked 10%
    32Gb Quad Channel Ram
    Win 10
    DX 12
    Ultra @4k (except AA off)

Averaging around 75fps.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Could post screenys but I aint gonna.

I run a 6700k@4.5. Gaming X 1080 overclocked too ?? I can't remember what.
    32 jiggles ram. Win10 64x. DX11.

Sadly only running at 1080p but hopefully that will change to 1440p soon.
    Everything on max, resolution scale to 120 I pull between 120-150fps. Dropping to 100-120 while recording.

I would expect a tweaked driver for NVIDIA cards soon. Hasn't been one released since beta. Hopefully some more improvements.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

http://radeon.com/en-us/battlefield-1-recommended-visual-settings/

Just for anyone with the new AMD Cards...it's not very specific but still, relevant!

New driver out today too apparently.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

i5 2500K @ 4.4ghz
    GTX970
    8GB ram

Running 1920x1080 on high preset and hitting constant 144fps on my 144hz monitor,ultra drops me to about 80-120 fps but I prefer to hit that 144hz/144fps sweetspot as its smooth as butter,very little visually if anything between high and ultra anyway.
    Having said that Gsync makes ultra feel just like high so that's an option.

Why can I not see the option to select DX 11 or 12 mode in settings? Anyone....?

In the basic setting in video it is above resolution scale and UI scale factor, I am running a DX12 card in the GTX1060. Very strange......

Really dont think this fps lag has anything to do with the refresh rate of the monitors, has to be a bug with the nvidia drivers or DICE.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Why can I not see the option to select DX 11 or 12 mode in settings? Anyone....?

In the basic setting in video it is above resolution scale and UI scale factor, I am running a DX12 card in the GTX1060. Very strange......

Really dont think this fps lag has anything to do with the refresh rate of the monitors, has to be a bug with the nvidia drivers or DICE.

I think it's under advanced settings, one of the top settings.. can't tell of top of my head but I thought it was fairly clearly labelled!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

New Nvidia drivers out as well: http://www.nvidia.com/content/DriverDownload-March2009/confirmation.php?url=/Windows/375.57/375.57-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql.exe&lang=us&type=GeForce

I might leave it a bit to see what the feedback is like before I install.

• Advertisement

Shlippery wrote: »
    I think it's under advanced settings, one of the top settings.. can't tell of top of my head but I thought it was fairly clearly labelled!

Yep I do not have it at all, I read online its only an option if running win 10?

This game has me driven to drink I tells ya.

Yep I do not have it at all, I read online its only an option if running win 10?

This game has me driven to drink I tells ya.

Yup DX12 is Win10 only.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Tried out the new Nvidia driver and its made my performance worse, rolled back to my previous one. DX12 also seems abit sketchy. Going with DX11 all the way. As far as the impact in visual DX12 has over DX11 i cant see cause there is **** blowing up all around me to take notice!!!

I am running a near identical setup to you two guys..

Win 7 64
    i5 2500K @ 4.4ghz
    16 GB RAM 2133mhz
    iChill GTX1060
    24" TFT 1920x1200

I had all on Ultra but customed the like of motion blur (hate that ****e) and turned off the shadow play.

I ALWAYS force vsync I hate the tearing effect in games I was getting my 60fps due to the vsync.

I've everything on at ultra but I've set my MaxVariableFPS to 61 (1 above my refresh rate).
    Everything is smooth but can get a bit choppy in the larger maps.
    I cant get good metrics as the FPS overlay rarely works.

I've set the following in my user.cfg but it's not taking:
    PerfOverlay.DrawFPS 1

GameTime.MaxVariableFPS 61

_CreeD_ wrote: »
    Yup DX12 is Win10 only.

Hey can a mod edit the original post to include Win version and DX!

Win: 7
    DX: 11

That update seems to be ok anyway got a slight increase in frames with my mediocre card. Might even try increasing to high settings ooohhhh.

Thats the campaign, I bet its not like that in MP......was on the BF1 Forums earlier and mental stuff going on with the game. CPU usage bug is messing up all kinds of CPUs from very high end to most average cpu's.

FPS bug is also common, good reading if you having issues. Rest assured if your PC is not performing as you would have hoped its the game not your hardware.

I think it's more that Nvidia are still having problems implementing async compute. Afaik it's not that DX12 reduces CPU load as stated in that video it's that it can now be efficiently multi-threaded and load balanced across the cores instead of being bottlenecked and not using all the available resources like the older versions. Now that seems to just show up issues with Nvidia's handling of asynchronous tasks, which AMD have always been quite good at (similar to how Intel CPUs have issues with much longer pipelines and introduced hyperthreading to get around it, not an issue with AMD (though they do have enough others)). Just ran a quick test on the intro to one of the campaign stories and DX11 was running about 8% faster than 12 for me.

• Advertisement

I think why people are getting so annoyed over the issues is that it is effectively the same game engine as BF4, and people are maxing that out on huge TFTs and getting 100+ fps on the same components.

Then this launches and the same components are essentially worthless at the minute getting terrible performance for the most part, I know its only out but most bugs and glitches are servers issues and little things, this is quite serious with alot of people starting to not play it until its patched.

Advertisement