Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applecare

• 19-10-2016 9:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭

Is there any point in buying AppleCare in Ireland as under Irish Consumer Law I should be covered for faults for 6 years according to Apple.
    http://www.apple.com/ie/legal/statutory-warranty/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

That has to be a mistype!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

That has to be a mistype!

If it is, they've been mis-typing it for quite a while now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

irishguy wrote: »
    Is there any point in buying AppleCare in Ireland as under Irish Consumer Law I should be covered for faults for 6 years according to Apple.
    http://www.apple.com/ie/legal/statutory-warranty/

It depends whether you can do without your phone for several weeks or months while you hassle the retailer and make a claim against them. You might have an easier time if you purchased from Apple, but if you purchased from the networks you will encounter maximum resistance.

Having just gone through an in-warranty replacement from Apple, I will be getting AppleCare for all future iPhones so I can take advantage of the express replacement service and the accidental damage cover. The whole send-in repair process took too long and this was for a phone that was in-warranty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

It depends whether you can do without your phone for several weeks or months while you hassle the retailer and make a claim against them. You might have an easier time if you purchased from Apple, but if you purchased from the networks you will encounter maximum resistance.

Having just gone through an in-warranty replacement from Apple, I will be getting AppleCare for all future iPhones so I can take advantage of the express replacement service and the accidental damage cover. The whole send-in repair process took too long and this was for a phone that was in-warranty.

Its actually for a Mac I was asking for, so I could live with it broken for a bit and ill be buying from Apple.

Advertisement