Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fibre enablement status request

Options
  • 19-10-2016 9:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    your map states the following for Kinvara, Co. Galway, in relation to efibre "within 6 weeks"
    It's stated occasionally for 2 years and consistently for 6+ months.
    Openeir website says "winter 2016" for FTTC and winter/spring 2016/17 for FTTH (and has said same for 3+months)

I've a couple of questions

1. is any real/accurate information available for either service?
    2. Will FTTH be launched in Kinvara if FTTC is available, or will it be FTTC in the village and FTTH outside the village
    3. If the FTTH blue line passes the bottom of the road on an estate, can one assume that the estate will be FTTH enabled (the openeir map blue lines don't appear to ever enter estates

thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi,
    your map states the following for Kinvara, Co. Galway, in relation to efibre "within 6 weeks"
    Openeir website says "winter 2016" for FTTC and winter/spring 2016/17 for FTTH (and has said same for 3+months)

2. Will FTTH be launched in Kinvara if FTTC is available, or will it be FTTC in the village and FTTH outside the village
    3. If the FTTH blue line passes the bottom of the road on an estate, can one assume that the estate will be FTTH enabled (the openeir map blue lines don't appear to ever enter estates

thanks in advance
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]irishgrover,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for your query.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I have checked our latest NGA deployment plan and completion work is currently in progress on cabinet  KVA1_E01 in Kinvara. We have estimated service should be ready to order November/ December all going according to plan.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]The efibre to the home service should then be available winter/spring 2016. Unfortunately we would be unable to advise on availability until the service is available.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

Hi,

thanks in advance
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]irishgrover,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I have checked our latest NGA deployment plan and completion work is currently in progress on cabinet  KVA1_E01 in Kinvara. We have estimated service should be ready to order November/ December all going according to plan.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]The efibre to the home service should then be available winter/spring 2016. Unfortunately we would be unable to advise on availability until the service is available.[/font]

Hi Pamela,
    thanks for getting back to me so promptly and genuinely not being smart. But do you know if your source information is up to date and active, or is this a stock answer where you take todays date and add 6 to 8 weeks and give that response. I'm asking this because every time I've asked the same question in the last 2 years I get a response stating that all going well it will be todays date + 6 to 8 weeks.
    It would be great news if you source information was in any way real.
    thanks

Hi,

thanks in advance

Hi Pamela,
    thanks for getting back to me so promptly and genuinely not being smart. But do you know if your source information is up to date and active, or is this a stock answer where you take todays date and add 6 to 8 weeks and give that response. I'm asking this because every time I've asked the same question in the last 2 years I get a response stating that all going well it will be todays date + 6 to 8 weeks.
    It would be great news if you source information was in any way real.
    thanks
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]No problem [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]irishgrover,[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]I can understand this. This information is from our latest NGA deployment plan released in September.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]They are usually released every 2-3 months with updated deployment information.[/font]

, I can understand this. This information is from our latest NGA deployment plan released in September. They are usually released every 2-3 months with updated deployment information. Thanks, Pamela

Perfect, thanks for the detailed update :-)

Originally posted by Eir: Pamela
    , I can understand this. This information is from our latest NGA deployment plan released in September. They are usually released every 2-3 months with updated deployment information. Thanks, Pamela

Perfect, thanks for the detailed update :-)
    No problem at all  irishgrover :p

-Pamela 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭jconn

when the Kinvara exchange is upgraded for Fibre, will we need to upgrade our existing Eir home subscription to receive fibre? 
    If so how long will that process take is it instantaneous over the phone, and how much extra will that subscription be?

thanks

jconn wrote: »
    when the Kinvara exchange is upgraded for Fibre, will we need to upgrade our existing Eir home subscription to receive fibre? 
    If so how long will that process take is it instantaneous over the phone, and how much extra will that subscription be?

thanks
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]jconn,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Yes your existing connection would need to be upgraded and a technician would be required to visit your home to complete the upgrade. You can read more about the installation process here. You can also view the current options available to you on our website here or chat with our sales team on 1800503303.[/font]

Hi Pamela,
    November is gone, December is on its way out.
    Any updates, would love to get it for Christmas
    Thanks

Hi Pamela,
    Thanks
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]irishgrover,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]It's not looking like it will be available this side of Christmas I'm afraid however we are hoping the service should be ready to order in January.[/font]

Hi Pamela,
    Thanks
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]irishgrover,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]It's not looking like it will be available this side of Christmas I'm afraid however we are hoping the service should be ready to order in January.[/font]

ready to order in January sounds wonderful !
    I'll be back in Feb to get another update, until then have a happy and peaceful Christmas :-)

• Advertisement

Hi Pamela,
    Thanks

ready to order in January sounds wonderful !
    I'll be back in Feb to get another update, until then have a happy and peaceful Christmas :-)
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]No problem [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]irishgrover,[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]hopefully you have your service by then![/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]The same to you have a good one. :D [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

hi folks, any update here on when the Kinvara exchange will be upgraded for Fibre?

hi folks, any update here on when the Kinvara exchange will be upgraded for Fibre?
    hi, 3 - 6 months according to this

hi, 3 - 6 months according to this
    Thanks irishgrover :)

-Pamela 

Is the Kinvara exchange now upgraded for Fibre? I had an Eir engineer apt booked for tomoro to enable/install a new fibre router but the apt seems to have been pushed out?

Is the Kinvara exchange now upgraded for Fibre? I had an Eir engineer apt booked for tomoro to enable/install a new fibre router but the apt seems to have been pushed out?
    FYI: I put in a pre-order over a month ago. I was told that there were not allowed to make the appointment until today (
    22/3/17) - presume due to the 6 week anti competitive thing.
    Anyway phoned up this morning and they were, first the first time, in a position to make the order request. I have an install date for next Tuesday, which was made this morning. To be clear - I'm talking about FTTC here not FTTH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭eir: Anna

FYI: I put in a pre-order over a month ago. I was told that there were not allowed to make the appointment until today (
    22/3/17) - presume due to the 6 week anti competitive thing.
    Anyway phoned up this morning and they were, first the first time, in a position to make the order request. I have an install date for next Tuesday, which was made this morning. To be clear - I'm talking about FTTC here not FTTH
    Hi irishgrover,

I'm delighted to hear this.

If you need any further assistance please feel free to get in touch.

Thanks,
    Anna.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 AxelK

FYI: KVA1_E01 is now on FTTC and I can notice the improvement already - thank god. FTTH next, can't wait :D

hallelujah Axel ;) fibre and new roads in one week, next week a coastal boardwalk to the castle

I'm not so sure about the broadwalk ;-)

I'll ring Eir tomorrow to get the last 20m of fibre into the house connected - and then: happy days! Since the cabinet is on fibre I get full performance 24/7, no reduced performance (used to go down to less than 1MBit) in the evenings anymore...

• Advertisement

Have an appointment on 19/04 for getting FTTH now - fingers crossed everything goes according to plan ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭eir: Leanne

Hi AxelK,

I'm delighted to hear this, please feel free to get in touch if you need any further assistance. 

Thanks,
    Leanne.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭overtime

AxelK wrote: »
    Have an appointment on 19/04 for getting FTTH now - fingers crossed everything goes according to plan ;-)
    Was also told install was to happen today in Kinvara, however no sign or contact from anyone yet - hope you're having better luck AxelK

overtime wrote: »
    Was also told install was to happen today in Kinvara, however no sign or contact from anyone yet - hope you're having better luck AxelK
    Hi AxelK,

Thank you for getting in touch with us today.

I would recommend contacting our open eir department on 01-5366550 if a technician does not arrive out to your premises by the end of the business day today. 

I do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Thanks, 
    Leanne. 

I didn't wait for eir to come to me. I actually activated the whole process via this URL: https://www.eir.ie/broadband/eoi/ (to registered for eir fibre). I was told to give it 24 hours after filling in the form and then call Eir Sales (1800 503 303). This part worked just fine.

The only issue so far was that it turned out that today's date wasn't the actual installation date but the date to make the installation appointment. They weren't able to make this appointment before today. So I rang this morning and got an installation appointment for Monday morning (24/04). Fingers crossed - again ;-)

I didn't wait for eir to come to me. I actually activated the whole process via this URL: https://www.eir.ie/broadband/eoi/ (to registered for eir fibre). I was told to give it 24 hours after filling in the form and then call Eir Sales (1800 503 303). This part worked just fine.

The only issue so far was that it turned out that today's date wasn't the actual installation date but the date to make the installation appointment. They weren't able to make this appointment before today. So I rang this morning and got an installation appointment for Monday morning (24/04). Fingers crossed - again ;-)
    Did you ring 1800 503 503 this morning to make an appointment?

Hi AxelK, 

I am really happy to hear this. 

Please feel free to get back in touch if you have any further queries. :D

Thanks, 
    Leanne.

Alex, did your install go ahead as planned this morning?

Hi overtime,

sorry but I mixed up the date, they are actually here tomorrow.

Cheers,
    Axel

• Advertisement

overtime wrote: »

Did you ring 1800 503 503 this morning to make an appointment?
    Hi overtime, sorry, just saw your question: no, I did that the day after the plastered the place with their "Fibre is here!" signs - the 30th of March I think...

Advertisement