Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Council may acquire land at Loughshinny

Options
  • 19-10-2016 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭

Interesting article here about lands at Drumanagh just South of Loughshinny Harbour.
    Local councillor, Tom O’Leary (FG) has confirmed that the County Council are interested in acquiring a 46 acre site at Loughshinny, which he believes may turn tourism in the county on its head.
    The site at Drumanagh is a National Monument comprising a promontory fort, as well as a Martello tower, dating back to Napoleonic times. Some believe that it is where the Romans may have landed, which if found to be true, will have enormous consequences for heritage and tourism in the area.

http://www.northcountyleader.ie/2016/10/18/council-confirm-interest-in-loughshinny-site/

It could mean a big investment in Tourism for the area.

My only issue with this is it appears the deal with the landowner is not done yet

If I was the landowner and saw this write up, led by Tom O'Leary ( FG ), I would be reviewing my expectations as to the value of the land, upwards.

Let's hope Tom hasn't let the cat out of the bag, on this one.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

It's all agreed and shaken on, just needs the lawyers to go over the paperwork and make sure the i's are dotted and t's crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,885 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

surprising turn around from how they were treating that place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Hopefully it will be a boost to the whole area. To say Rush needs a good shot in the arm is putting it mildly.

Advertisement