Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My card keeps being declined when trying to make payment.

Options
  • 19-10-2016 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi

My cards keeps getting declined when trying to make a payment. There are sufficient funds in my account. The transaction shows up as being debited from my account and then credited again saying PURCHASE ADJ. Can you help please?

Regards

Shellaky

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

Hi

My cards keeps getting declined when trying to make a payment. There are sufficient funds in my account. The transaction shows up as being debited from my account and then credited again saying PURCHASE ADJ. Can you help please?

Regards

Shellaky
    Good Morning Shellaky, 

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie, sorry to hear you have had difficulty in using your card. When something like this is happening, the retailer is not processing the payment after we have authorised it which is why you are seeing the payment leave and then come back to your account. 

You can speak with the retailer and ask they manually put the payment through for you. Apologies again, but please let us know if there is anything else we can help with.

Evie  

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Shellakybooky

Good Morning Shellaky, 

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie, sorry to hear you have had difficulty in using your card. When something like this is happening, the retailer is not processing the payment after we have authorised it which is why you are seeing the payment leave and then come back to your account. 

You can speak with the retailer and ask they manually put the payment through for you. Apologies again, but please let us know if there is anything else we can help with.

Evie  

Hi Evie

We are and have only tried to make the payment manually. Only my card details are involved and not my card. Tried twice yesterday and again this morning and still the same situation.

Brian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Good Morning Shellaky, 

Evie  

Hi Evie

We are and have only tried to make the payment manually. Only my card details are involved and not my card. Tried twice yesterday and again this morning and still the same situation.

Brian
    Thanks Brian, can you let me know if this happening with a single retailer or any time you try to use the card? Does the card work otherwise for example at an ATM or in shops? 

Thanks 
    Nicola

Thanks Brian, can you let me know if this happening with a single retailer or any time you try to use the card? Does the card work otherwise for example at an ATM or in shops? 

Thanks 
    Nicola

I have used the card at an ATM since the first attempt at payment and it seems to be working fine. I was making a lodgement at the time.
    I have not attempted to make any purchases on the card since or were any other debits due as far as I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Thanks 
    Nicola

I have used the card at an ATM since the first attempt at payment and it seems to be working fine. I was making a lodgement at the time.
    I have not attempted to make any purchases on the card since or were any other debits due as far as I know.Thanks Brian, we’ll need to check your account and the card to see why this is happening. 
    Thanks Brian, we’ll need to check your account and the card to see why this is happening. 

Please can I ask you to call 0818 365 365 (+3531 4044000 from abroad) and one of our advisers will be able to take a look at this for you. Let me know if you need any further assistance with this, thanks.

Nicola

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,523 ✭✭✭✭ted1

It happened me, you can only use contactless payments a few times at a go. Then you need to revert to old school method of chip and pin.
    The banks have dropped the ball here as it says card declined when it should say enter pin.

Thanks Brian, we’ll need to check your account and the card to see why this is happening. 

Please can I ask you to call 0818 365 365 (+3531 4044000 from abroad) and one of our advisers will be able to take a look at this for you. Let me know if you need any further assistance with this, thanks.

Nicola

Thanks Nicola

Problem resolved. I had received a text from BOI DEBIT CARD SECURITY which I didn't see for whatever reason and the card had been blocked. Card now active again. Thanks

Brian

Advertisement