Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get large ~150cm x 50cm ceramic planter?

Options
  • 19-10-2016 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭

Hey, looking for this kind of planter:

18bff94d5f7858f59b4a6305c098844d.jpg

But lower profile and larger around 150cm x 50cm.

Are they available anywhere in Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭wait4me

I don't know where you are located. If you are nearby a Homebase they might have something like these. I think that I remember seeing something like them in Fonthill at one stage. But I may be mistaken.....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,448 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I doubt they are ceramic. I think you can really just go round garden centres and see what they have - good time of year to be looking for them, likely on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

looksee wrote: »
    I doubt they are ceramic. I think you can really just go round garden centres and see what they have - good time of year to be looking for them, likely on sale.

Perhaps would help to specify what I want to do.

Basically I have a big garden and I would like to avoid digging up ground as it's rental house.

I want to get about 6 or 7 of these planters and plant black bamboo to make a dense wall like corridors in my garden I think it would look great.

So they need to be heavy to hold the plant.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Hocus Focus

Those planters are made of some kind of plastic or GRP. I'm not sure if they would stay upright with a high-windage plant like bamboo, but you could put in plenty of stones as ballast.

Advertisement