Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC 1070 - RF smoke alarm battery

Options
  • 19-10-2016 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭

Have a Securewave 1070 system installed about 5 years, with a number of RF smoke or heat detectors installed to. These are battery operated.
    The main HKC panel is showing a low battery on one of these detectors ( I have the engineers code) even though it is supposed to be a 10 year battery & it looks like the battery is not replaceable.

is there some sort of reset I can do the RF detector or do I just have to replace it ?
    Advice appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If its the EI smoke detectors I would be looking for a replacement. Battery life should be 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

KoolKid wrote: »
    If its the EI smoke detectors I would be looking for a replacement. Battery life should be 10 years.

No. Just like any other RF device it has a battery for transmitting and receiving that needs to be replaced after about 3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭BigGeorge

Thanks folks - let me double check again - but there no obvious battery, it is all sealed & says that the battery last 10 years

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

BigGeorge wrote: »
    Thanks folks - let me double check again - but there no obvious battery, it is all sealed & says that the battery last 10 years

Can you post a pic of it. I though they also used the EI detectors.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

BigGeorge wrote: »

Pull out the clear plastic tab. A small pcb will come out and the battery is behind it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭_John C

It should be a single CR123A battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭BigGeorge

Thanks all - you were all absolutely spot on -

there is a clear plastic tab on the back attached to a small circuit that you need to pull out gently. The circuit board with small grey wire antenna slides out & it has a CR123A battery behind it which needs replacing. No engineers code needed, the system knows the fault is gone after a few mins & self clears

thanks again

Advertisement