Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Powertap P1 pedals - left pedal not waking up

Options
  • 19-10-2016 11:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭

Hi all
    I've had these pedals for a while now and have found them excellent.
    However last night while getting my bike ready for a ride I couldn't get the left pedal to wake up. Changed batteries, re-charged batteries and this morning I even bought new batteries!! Still no good (though this morning the LEDs flashed once on it).
    I have not updated the firmware previously and now I can't connect to it to do an update.
    Has anyone come across this problem?
    Any help would be most appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Slo

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Smalltom

Slo_Rida wrote: »
    Hi all
    I've had these pedals for a while now and have found them excellent.
    However last night while getting my bike ready for a ride I couldn't get the left pedal to wake up. Changed batteries, re-charged batteries and this morning I even bought new batteries!! Still no good (though this morning the LEDs flashed once on it).
    I have not updated the firmware previously and now I can't connect to it to do an update.
    Has anyone come across this problem?
    Any help would be most appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Slo

Had this exact problem with mine and the lbs sent them back to powertap and a brand new set arrived. I've heard if it happening to a good few people but once the new ones arrive the problem doesn't reoccur. Seems like some sort of a batch manufacturing issue but of course this will never be said by powertap.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Slo_Rida

The battery covers are suspect in the original ones.
    So I wasn't getting a good contact, that is all.
    Powertap sent a new pair (V2) of battery covers out no problem.
    Cheers,
    Slo

Advertisement