Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NYX - hero products?!

Options
  • 19-10-2016 11:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭

Hi Laides,

So I was at an NYX counter yesterday and got so overwhelmed by the amount of stuff I wanted that I ended up walking out with nothing! I originally wanted a dark matte lipstick, but I saw so many nice looking products including primers, foundations, strobe creams.... that I just panicked and walked out wtih nothing as I just couldn't decide. I'd like to try 1-2 products from the range first to see how I feel about it before buying 10 things all in one go!

Does anyone have any hero products from this range that they'd recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

I love the black Satin Finish Eyeliner pencil, it's really good and I've tried lots of premium and non-premium brand eyeliner pencils before. You're right though, even in eyeliners they have tons of different products. There's a new NYX area in Boots Liffey Valley, it's enormous :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

missmatty wrote: »
    I love the black Satin Finish Eyeliner pencil, it's really good and I've tried lots of premium and non-premium brand eyeliner pencils before. You're right though, even in eyeliners they have tons of different products. There's a new NYX area in Boots Liffey Valley, it's enormous :D

Thanks - I was at the one in Dundrum and it was just overload! I don't use eyeliner pencils much anymore, but would be interested in knowing if their gel/liquid liners are up to much?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭missmatty

I have one, must check which one, It's pretty good I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭mcgiggles

I have a few of their lippies, my absolute favourite one (out of all my lippies) is I think its called the Extra Creamy Round Lipstick in the shade Snow White. I think I paid about 6euro for it and the colour payoff is amazing and it lasts all night! I've worn it to weddings and had to top up the inner part of my lip maybe 2 or 3 times all day/night! Its not matte but its not too shiny either! (so good I accidentally ended up buying 2 at different times going oooooh I LOVE this colour!)

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭ciaradx

Their soft matte lip cream is amazing! Goes on liquid but dries matte, doesn't budge. I have it in the colours Amsterdam, Copenhagen and Budapest.

I also love their pore filler primer for night time makeup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭fifi28

Their brow pomade is fab, Ive been using it now for about a month and havnt touched any of my other brow products! I got the shade espresso, think it was around the 7€ mark

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Aeternum

Their tame and frame brow pomade is by far the best product I have ever used on my brows! Also quite like their gel eyeliner but it's not as good as my inglot one. Not that impressed by the lip lingerie liquid lipsticks I was expecting more from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I know how you felt OP. I was at the NYX stand in Liffey Valley last weekend and only for I had been on the Boots website in the days before and had made a list I would be been completely overwhelmed and would have bought nothing either.
    If you are starting out I would recommend their matte lip creams. They are quite similar to the Bourjois ones. They feel lovely on and last well.

I bought loads from NYX last weekend but there's one product I've used non-stop since then and that's the lip lingerie in the shade exotic. It's not hard and drying like the Meet Matt Hughes from The Balm. It fades rather than going hard, cakey and flakey. I apply it before work and again after lunch. No transfer onto my cup. Only thing is that I don't like the applicator.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

When I was in America in the summer I spent an absolute fortune in the NYX shop. I love the matte lip creams. Cannes, Monte Carlo, Copenhagen and Budapest are some of my favourites. I bought a colour corrector in orange for the dark circles under my eyes. It really does a great job and really neutralises the colour of the bags. The tame and frame brow pomade is also brilliant! The brow pencil is also a great dupe of the ABH brow wiz

• Registered Users Posts: 34 loulou87

Aeternum wrote: »
    Their tame and frame brow pomade is by far the best product I have ever used on my brows! Also quite like their gel eyeliner but it's not as good as my inglot one. Not that impressed by the lip lingerie liquid lipsticks I was expecting more from them.

I third that :)
    I have jet black bushy eyebrows (dyed at mo to match my hair) and adore it. Much better and longer lasting than some of the more expensive brands I've tried!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

I don't like the brow pomade at all, maybe it just doesn't suit my brows but I really just don't like it. It doesn't fill in any of the patchy areas, I much prefer a brow pencil (love S&G archery!).

Their lip butters are amazing, so comfortable and pretty, their pencil and liquid concealers are great.

Their dewy setting spray does help makeup stay in place but it breaks me out a little so I don't use often.

The lip pencils are fantastic too.

I have one of their matte lip creams and am not that gone on it, but I'm not a dark lip kinda gal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

ok ladies, so I went back for another try, Liffey Valley this time. Nearly had another mare because the Liffey Valley Counter is 2.5 times the size of the one in Dundrum, but since it was quieter, I managed to get over it!

I came away with 2 products.

Lyngerie Lip Gloss in shade 02 Embellissement and Born to Glow Liquid Illuminatior in shade 02 Gleam.

I've only tried the illuminator on my hand (as I'm back in work) but it looks and feels great.

Not sure what to make of the lip stuff though - its very different to anything I'd normally buy (I wanted to try the matt trend with an affordable brand as its a bit of a departure for me). My lips feel dry with it on and I think I possibly look dead?!?! I'm used to just wearing a simple tinted balm, usually in a fairly bright pink in work, as my make up is usually a bit of a rush job in the mornings and nothing too heavy.

Perhaps It would look better with heavier make up or maybe I'm just not used to it? Also my lips feel a little tacky with it on...not sticky exactly, but just a bit tacky. Is this normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

I've heard their HD under eye concealer is meant to be amazing but haven't tried it yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

I've heard their HD under eye concealer is meant to be amazing but haven't tried it yet...
    It's my go-to concealer lately. I apply the yellow one before my foundation and let it set in for a minute or two and blend in. Then apply my foundation and the Nyx hd concealer in light again leave a minute or two and blend.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    It's my go-to concealer lately. I apply the yellow one before my foundation and let it set in for a minute or two and blend in. Then apply my foundation and the Nyx hd concealer in light again leave a minute or two and blend.

Looking forward to giving it a go!

Advertisement