Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Juice & Airport security question

• 19-10-2016 1:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hey folks

So I'm travelling to Rome shortly for a few days and I need to bring syringes and needles with me. 2 of each. I don't have a prescription for the medication as it's performance enhancing stuff but what I'm asking is can I take this through security in my hand luggage without any problems? I am not checking in baggage so don't have that option.

Note the medication is not illegal I just don't have a prescription is all.

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭brownej

I would think it unlikely that you will be able to bring needles and syringes in your hand luggage as these would fall under the sharp objects category! Call the airport and ask them!
    https://www.dublinairport.com/at-the-airport/passenger-information/airport-security

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Perhaps you will survive a couple of days without your performance enhancing drugs?

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭marialouise

I'd say your options are:
    -check a bag
    -get whatever it is over there instead of bringing it with you if possible (you could maybe post it beforehand to where you're staying?)
    -go without them for a few days
    I would say you won't get needles through, and you probably don't wanna risk it. Pills/powders are all fine but it sounds like what you're bringing wouldn't pass so you'd better find another solution.

Also... juice??? bit misleading :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 99 ✭✭Manta400r

Thanks folks not going to risk it. Thanks for the help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Manta400r wrote: »
    Thanks folks not going to risk it. Thanks for the help

It's funny what you are risking though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,615 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Manta400r wrote: »
    Note the medication is not illegal I just don't have a prescription is all.
    Might not be illegal to possess. But you are bring in into a new country without a prescription. That would be illegal in most countries. But the EU probably saves you there.

If your you can adjust you dosing schedule to not travel with it. That's probably best. If you aren't, then check on the bag.
    Also... juice??? bit misleading :p
    I don't think that's misleading tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Keep it under 100ml and put it in the clear bag.

No to syringes tho. You would be able to get them out there tho.

Advertisement