Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Physios in Dublin

Options
  • 19-10-2016 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hey, just been through a few different physios for a couple of issues but none seem to get to the root of the issues and all gave standard exercises etc to do. As this is costly enough to go through I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice to the best physios that they have went to or had success with?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Gopher1 wrote: »
    Hey, just been through a few different physios for a couple of issues but none seem to get to the root of the issues and all gave standard exercises etc to do. As this is costly enough to go through I'm just wondering if anyone has any advice to the best physios that they have went to or had success with?

I had good success with the physio clinic on Pearse Street. I think it was John I saw. I had a recurrent problem with my calf that he got right to the bottom of. He did a full assessment too, with lots of jumping and moving to assess the issue and worked accordingly.

Seven months on with lots of activity (mainly cycling but some running) and it hasn't given me a moments trouble. Touch wood.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Hey Sullivo, can you pm me the contact details for that physio please?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

A physio is kind of a personal thing, I had a hamstring issue, pearse st physio's spent 5-7 months trying to get it right, got me to 95%, switched to Celbridge physio and they got me to 100% in a month.

Its not that Pearse St physio were bad, but rather different things work on different people.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

Gopher1 wrote: »

I just think you are looking for a silver bullet that mightn't be out there.

Some injuries take a long time to heal. Some heal quickly.

People always seem to be on the lookout for the one magic physio who can do things the others cant. I don't this person is out there.

Some physios are more experienced than others, particularly with runners. That's as good as you'll get. Its still no guarantee of success.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 pmeehan

Dave Richards in Ballsbridge Physio is a brilliant physio. I had a lower back issue which I tried to resolve over 3 years via numerous physios, chiropractors, pilates and acupuncture. Eventually found Dave and he resolved it by focusing on the type of activity I wanted to get back to. At that time I was playing hurling so the exercises and physio was directly focused on the type of movements I would make on the pitch rather than just static exercises.

Recently, I strained a calf muscle 6 weeks out from Dublin IM70.3. He not only nursed it back to health but took videos of my running technique and provided excellent advice on how to change my running style to a) ensure my injury would not reoccur and b) my running times would actually improve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭terminator74

Kieran Nolan in Sports Med, Kildare Street, D2. Best physio I have encountered. He really gets to know your training, bio mechanical weaknesses and overall health and creates strength based programmes to address issues. Excellent at diagnosing injuries and has a positive attitude to getting back training asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭LaHaine

+1 for Sportsmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Joe Hill

Alan Kelly aka the great AK

Straight up he will torture you but will get you right.

Old bawn tallaght.

He has dealt with the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Joe Hill wrote: »
    Alan Kelly aka the great AK

Straight up he will torture you but will get you right.

Old bawn tallaght.

He has dealt with the best.

Are you free at any stage this afternoon AK?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

I go to Pearse St as well, for physio and Pilates. I find them really good. I usually go to Tadhg, but I've been to Aidan as well and to Andrew for massage, and I think they're all rally good. They take the time to find out what's wrong and are pretty encouraging about getting you back running.

Would recommend them!

http://www.pearsestreetphysio.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

HelenAnne wrote: »
    I go to Pearse St as well, for physio and Pilates. I find them really good. I usually go to Tadhg, but I've been to Aidan as well and to Andrew for massage, and I think they're all rally good. They take the time to find out what's wrong and are pretty encouraging about getting you back running.

Would recommend them!

http://www.pearsestreetphysio.com/

+1 on Tadhg. Sharon Finn is excellent too.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Joe Hill

Gavlor wrote: »
    Are you free at any stage this afternoon AK?

No I'm injured myself

Advertisement