Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FTP Test in Dublin 15

Options
  • 19-10-2016 2:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Does anybody know a good route for FTP testing near Dublin 15. I think i need about a 12-13km stretch to do the 20 minute run.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,618 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

there's a fairly straight run from hollystown through kilbride, almost to ratoath. not quite as long as you wanted, 10km.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Not knowing exactly what's required for that, but head for Bracetown past Clonee, go from there to Kilbride and turn for ratoath. It's relatively flat, mostly free of traffic. only a few bends that you need to be watchful on, probably the one at Kilbride mostly and no traffic lights that I can think of whatsoever.

Could get unlucky with a tractor or horse depending on day/time

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/17248261

Magicbastarders is basically a straight line and might be more to your requirements.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭DS2013

Thanks. My understanding is I need a route that I can ride for 20 minutes flat out. So the main thing I am looking for is a route with no lights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

there's a fairly straight run from hollystown through kilbride, almost to ratoath. not quite as long as you wanted, 10km.

Just don't do it midweek around 9-9:30, around 2 or around 3 as it always gets choked up with the school runs at Kilbride.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Also Just past clonee and before bracetown to Dunshaughlin is fairly straight run and about 12 km. One annoying roundabout about 2km in though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,618 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

DS2013 wrote: »
    Thanks. My understanding is I need a route that I can ride for 20 minutes flat out. So the main thing I am looking for is a route with no lights.
    the one i mentioned has no lights, no roundabouts. 10km on the nose, according to google maps, and no yielding to more major roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Luxman

From the Blackbull roundabout (Fairyhouse turn) and head for Batterstown, roundabout after 9k and on to the Trim road, easily get 12k or more without lights and if done during the day, very little traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Raymzor

Luxman wrote: »
    From the Blackbull roundabout (Fairyhouse turn) and head for Batterstown, roundabout after 9k and on to the Trim road, easily get 12k or more without lights and if done during the day, very little traffic.

This the stretch I always use. Snap Luxman

Advertisement