Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covering career break how long does person have to be out before i get cid

Options
  • 19-10-2016 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

So i am covering a career break. Am i right in saying that in effect the person on career break has to ask for three consecutive career breaks before i would be eligable for cid? Any thoughts much appreciated?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

You have to complete 2 years and be re-employed for a third year to get a CID if you are TUI, it's 4 years and starting your fifth year if ASTI. The career break doesn't really have anything to do with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

I don't think career break counts at all if ASTI.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

I don't think career break counts at all if ASTI.

Correct. The provisions of the Ward Report do not apply to teachers in the ASTI.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 equalwork

You have to complete 2 years and be re-employed for a third year to get a CID if you are TUI, it's 4 years and starting your fifth year if ASTI. The career break doesn't really have anything to do with it.

Well it does matter as im covering a career break and if the person comes abck in year 3 i wont get a cid so in effect the person needs to take 3 years of career breaks for me to get cid.

Im in a tui only school.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

Without the ward report a person would not get a CID when covering a career break.

• Advertisement
Advertisement