Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE radio 1 reception in Midlands.

• 19-10-2016 4:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭

Does anybody else have trouble tuning in to RTE radio 1. I have difficulty tuning in on the three radios I have in the house, the car radio, my sons car radio and the radio function on my phone. It's always fuzzy reception. All other radio station tune in as clear as a whistle.
    Was up Wicklow way a couple of weeks ago and pulled in at the side of the road to try and tune in Sean O Rourke and who should pop up as clear as crystal only Will Faulkner on Midlands Radio 3.
    Another thing I notice on the car radios is the station tunes in and out every few miles. This is doing my nut in. Anybody got any explanation for my predicament :-)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭bheart65

I sympathise with you, nothing worse than a fuzzy station. You've probably tried this already but here's a link to the tuning frequencies for RTE Radio on the different transmitters. Just underneath the map of all the transmitters, you can click on each to get the local frequency for the stations. It might be of some help - http://www.rte.ie/radio/page/138471-rte-radio-ways-to-listen/

As regards the station tuning in and out, sometimes there is a setting on car radios that tries to automatically search for a stronger frequency if the reception begins to weaken. This could be the cause of it. You can usually turn off this, it'll be in the manual somewhere. If you've lost the manual just have a search online with your make and model of radio.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

Thank you so much for your reply. I'm going to follow up on the link you posted. Since I posed the question, would you believe the reception has improved these past few days. I managed to tune in RTE radio one on an old 3 in one I had in the attic and there's no fuzziness at all. Happy days.

Advertisement