Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice

• 19-10-2016 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hey all,
    So Im in 6th year in secondary school and I'm beginning to think about what course I'll take in uni.
    I'm thinking Computer Science and IT in NUIG. Anyone finished or currently doing the course: what is it like, what's the timetable like, is the study demanding? What's Galway like for uni life? Would you recommend getting on-campus accommodation?
    Any info welcome

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭MrBlack93

Hey all,
    So Im in 6th year in secondary school and I'm beginning to think about what course I'll take in uni.
    I'm thinking Computer Science and IT in NUIG. Anyone finished or currently doing the course: what is it like, what's the timetable like, is the study demanding? What's Galway like for uni life? Would you recommend getting on-campus accommodation?
    Any info welcome

My input is that CS&IT graduates are in high demand and will be for the foreseeable future.
    With regards to on campus accommodation, if you're sociable and not too fussy then corrib village is definitely an integral part of going to NUIG (FYI it books out within days of becoming available). Otherwise i recommend Cuirt or Dun as they're considered a bit more upmarket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Have a look on NUIG website and you can find more info.
    http://www.nuigalway.ie/engineering-informatics/information-technology/programmes/undergraduateprogrammes/
    Corrib is only onsite student village. Plenty more quite close by with private houses closer than any other village apart from Corrib.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Kal El

IT is pretty accessible and first year seems to be around 7 hours including labs. Some people struggle with it, Im not sure why tbh as they really explain everything in class

• Registered Users Posts: 46 problemnext

Current CS&IT Student:
    First year is handy enough keep up with the Continuous Assessment and you'll be sound for the exams. Expect around 20/21 hours a week with about 6 of these being labs. In second year now and its a good bit tougher still manageable if you keep up with it.
    As for accommodation if you want to go out 3 nights a week and have the best year of your life go corrib. Otherwise your probs better looking at somewhere else(Gort/Cuirt)

Advertisement