Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pike fishing with 2 rods

Options
  • 19-10-2016 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭

is it illegal to fish with 2 rods for pike say if your fishing dead baits and if you want to use a lure while your waiting for a take is there any law stating that this is an illegal practice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thefisherbuy

Depends on the lake on some clubs they only allow 2 rods etc so check before fishing, not sure on laws but that's my experience it depends with the club!

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭pheasant tail

Hunter456 wrote: »
    is it illegal to fish with 2 rods for pike say if your fishing dead baits and if you want to use a lure while your waiting for a take is there any law stating that this is an illegal practice.

Yes it's illegal when you are fishing 3 rods at the 1 time regardless of method. Doesn't matter what club your with that's a nationwide law

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Hunter456

Yes it's illegal when you are fishing 3 rods at the 1 time regardless of method. Doesn't matter what club your with that's a nationwide law

3 ? was that a miss type.

3 ? was that a miss type.

No, I took it from your original post that you would be fishing 2 rods with dead bait, and then 1 with lures? 3 rods... Or did I take it up wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,381 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

No, I took it from your original post that you would be fishing 2 rods with dead bait, and then 1 with lures? 3 rods... Or did I take it up wrong?
    >>>
    is it illegal to fish with 2 rods for pike...

2 rods. 1 lure, 1 dead bait

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭rpmcmurphy

Mellor wrote: »
    >>>

2 rods. 1 lure, 1 dead bait
    Yes 2 rods is the maximum an angler can fish at one time. I think off top of my head bye law is control of fishing in freshwater no. 595 1977

sorry my mistake 1 dead baiting and the other lure fishing that's what i meant. haven't fished for pike in 15 years was better to ask than to go out not knowing and getting into a spot of bother with the authorities.

sorry my mistake 1 dead baiting and the other lure fishing that's what i meant. haven't fished for pike in 15 years was better to ask than to go out not knowing and getting into a spot of bother with the authorities.

Your fine I took it up wrong, yep that's fine work away, besta luck getting back into it

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Reedsie

Two rods are fine but ensure you don't go wandering off too far from your deadbait rod or you could end up in a spot of bother with the authorities.

Your fine I took it up wrong, yep that's fine work away, besta luck getting back into it
    thanks i'll being having a go tomorrow on a spot i used to fish years ago very good for pike not sure about now days with the level of pouching going on.

• Advertisement

thanks i'll being having a go tomorrow on a spot i used to fish years ago very good for pike not sure about now days with the level of pouching going on.

Any joy after your 15 year break?

Any joy after your 15 year break?

not even a bite did i get. shame really as it was a perfect morning for it but thats the luck of the draw. hopefully Sunday my luck might turn.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭idnkph

Hunter456 wrote:
    not even a bite did i get. shame really as it was a perfect morning for it but thats the luck of the draw. hopefully Sunday my luck might turn.

How did Sunday go.....?

i went out Sunday and was twitching some mackerel and a very large pike came up to take it i could only see its back but judging from that it was a double figure pike. i'm going to a competition on Monday don't care about the prize all i want is to catch a pike, i might get out before Monday.:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

Does the same rule apply to sea fishing ??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Does the same rule apply to sea fishing ??

You can fish 10 rods off 5 tripods if you want. I've seen a lad with 4 rods once, filling buckets with tiddlers. Most people use 2 tho.

caught a pike Sunday was so excited to see it go in the net and more so that i ended my bad run of blank days, how i missed those fights from pike, judging by the length and the girth i estimated it to be 8-9 pounds. special day to relive my youth in a certain spot and catch a fish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

caught a pike Sunday was so excited to see it go in the net and more so that i ended my bad run of blank days, how i missed those fights from pike, judging by the length and the girth i estimated it to be 8-9 pounds. special day to relive my youth in a certain spot and catch a fish.

well done, decent sized pike nowadays!!!

well done, decent sized pike nowadays!!!

unfortunately it was alot better years ago.

Advertisement