Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FTP test - Meath/NCD

Options
  • 19-10-2016 6:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a decent stretch of road for this on the NCD? Is the Coolquay to Ashbourne stretch an idea?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Batterstown perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,450 ✭✭✭Harrybelafonte

Thanks. I'm not sure of that area. Would that be from where Lucan GP comes out on to the Trim Road over the bridge?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,618 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

you wait for one and two come along at once.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057661062

I'll be more specific.

Is there somewhere within the confines of the N2 to the east coast of
    North County Dublin that would suit for an FTP.

Thanks for the suggestion Raam, but I'd be done by the time I got there. I should have been more specific initially.

• Advertisement

It's ok. Sorted now. Far side of Ashbourne N2. Should have just thought about it a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭morana

i used to do mine on the boot inn circuit. never had any issues. Also, on the N2 i would start at the brock and bash out to the roundabout at Ashbourne and back in. Again no issues with traffic.

another road i used to use was the road from ratoath thru kilbride and back towards finglas. its decnt enough road an surface

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,618 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

the boot inn? the road surface there is like a ploughed field now.

morana wrote: »
    i used to do mine on the boot inn circuit. never had any issues. Also, on the N2 i would start at the brock and bash out to the roundabout at Ashbourne and back in. Again no issues with traffic.

another road i used to use was the road from ratoath thru kilbride and back towards finglas. its decnt enough road an surface

Thanks morana, that makes sense. Does the drag after the first roundabout distort the test at all. I realise that's a stupid question, but I'm not 100% up on this testing thing yet.

Agreed. Tried to do some TT type intervals there recently and had to just sit up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,192 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I've heard someone suggest using the R108 from Roganstown towards the Naul before: https://goo.gl/maps/t7LSQaHueeG2

Gradual incline, quiet roads, and only a few speed bumps heading through Ballyboughal.

Gotcha. That one makes sense too. I guess I was incorrectly thinking that some elements were needed that weren't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

morana wrote: »
    on the N2 i would start at the brock and bash out to the roundabout at Ashbourne and back in. Again no issues with traffic.

Isn't the road in a bit of a state around the Coolquay Lodge/Emo garage these days?

the resurfaced a mile or two of that road north of the coolquay lodge recently; and it's bumpier now than it was before they started.

Thanks morana, that makes sense. Does the drag after the first roundabout distort the test at all. I realise that's a stupid question, but I'm not 100% up on this testing thing yet.

I never noticed if it did.

it was only bad in one small section near the pub and you could ride the middle of the road and to the right and you were grand.

Advertisement