Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eir sports must be your worstly executed "idea" yet

Options
  • 19-10-2016 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭

I use chrome , so cant use it , My tablet isnt up to the version you use
    & Im not watching games on my phone , so I downloaded firefox today , and silverlight .... and thing still doesn't work .. oh and you increased my monthly bill at the same time and Eirsports was touted as a sweetener .. which would be fair enough if  could find somewhere to watch the blooming thing.. disaster of a company ..disaster of an idea 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

oranbhoy67 wrote: »
    & Im not watching games on my phone , so I downloaded firefox today , and silverlight .... and thing still doesn't work .. oh and you increased my monthly bill at the same time and Eirsports was touted as a sweetener .. which would be fair enough if  could find somewhere to watch the blooming thing.. disaster of a company ..disaster of an idea 
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]oranbhoy67[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif],[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry that you feel this way.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]eir Sport can be watched on your TV through your eir Vision set top box, streamed live via your browser or on the eir Sport app for Android and iOS users. eir Sport can be streamed on the following devices:[/font]
    ·         [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Android 4.4 smartphones & tablets[/font]
    ·         [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Windows and Mac computers[/font]
    ·         [font=Verdana, sans-serif]iOS version 8 & above will be required[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Please note that Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge browsers do not support the streaming of eir Sport online.[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks, [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭oranbhoy67

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]oranbhoy67[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif],[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry that you feel this way.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]eir Sport can be watched on your TV through your eir Vision set top box, streamed live via your browser or on the eir Sport app for Android and iOS users. eir Sport can be streamed on the following devices:[/font]
    ·         [font=Verdana, sans-serif]iOS version 8 & above will be required[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Please note that Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge browsers do not support the streaming of eir Sport online.[/font]

I have windows 10 .. I installed Mozilla last night, I installed Silverlight , I tried to load the channel and it would whirl a bit then give an error. code which i googled to no avail , its not my internet speed as I get 60MB Download... is their any plans to change this in the future so that the most popular browsers can use it and that the thing actually works ?

there is countless posts on this? are you actually listening to customers feedback at all and working on doing something about it ?? 

I have windows 10 .. I installed Mozilla last night, I installed Silverlight , I tried to load the channel and it would whirl a bit then give an error. code which i googled to no avail , its not my internet speed as I get 60MB Download... is their any plans to change this in the future so that the most popular browsers can use it and that the thing actually works ?

there is countless posts on this? are you actually listening to customers feedback at all and working on doing something about it ?? 

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]What error message did you receive [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]oranbhoy67? [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]There should be no issues streaming eir Sport on [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Mozilla Firefox once you have Microsoft Silverlight installed. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]What error message did you receive [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]oranbhoy67? [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]There should be no issues streaming eir Sport on [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Mozilla Firefox once you have Microsoft Silverlight installed. [/font]

HI its saying 

"Error:details.system.Exception 6036 An error has occurred"

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Silverlight issue - nothing to do with Eir as far as I know (I'm open to correction, though...)

http://www.solvusoft.com/en/errors/runtime-errors/microsoft-corporation/microsoft-silverlight/6036-silverlight-error-code-6036/

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »
    Silverlight issue - nothing to do with Eir as far as I know (I'm open to correction, though...)

http://www.solvusoft.com/en/errors/runtime-errors/microsoft-corporation/microsoft-silverlight/6036-silverlight-error-code-6036/
    I saw that , looks like a spam site though trying to sell a magic fix , why are eir even using Silverlight in the first place is really the question here? I have uninstalled silverlight and reinstalled it 3 or 4 times , will you bring my bill down the €8 extra a month that 
     you decided to charge me now that i cant access this service eir?

HI its saying 

"Error:details.system.Exception 6036 An error has occurred"
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'll check this with the technical team [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]oranbhoy67 [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]& be back to you as soon as you have an update.[/font]

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 14 kprichard

Pamela

the solution is try to make the eir sport app available through smart TVs now

in the future, make the eir sport app and the eir TV available through Saorview Connect in 2017

kprichard wrote: »
    Pamela

the solution is try to make the eir sport app available through smart TVs now

in the future, make the eir sport app and the eir TV available through Saorview Connect in 2017
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for the feedback [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]kprichard,[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'll pass it onto the eir Sport team.[/font]

Any update on this ? Why can't you just use Adobe flash like everyone else? Do I get discounted for not being able receive this part of my package?

• Advertisement

Any update on this ? Why can't you just use Adobe flash like everyone else? Do I get discounted for not being able receive this part of my package?
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]oranbhoy67,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]This is a Silverlight error message - 6036 - Graphics device's driver certificate is invalid.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]This is a software issue with your PC and not something we can assist with I'm afraid.[/font]

Advertisement