Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrongly seeing ban message (was could you please let me know why I have been banned?)

Options
  • 19-10-2016 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Can I ask why you think you have been banned? I've checked your account and I cannot see any bans against your name.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭mille100piedi

the only think I remember I received a warning months ago when I asked help to fill a form. As occupation I didn't want to write down disabled and I asked if I can write down retired since I am receiving invalidity pension. During the discussion several persons received a warning but we didn't get banned.
    I can't remember anything else, I don't use the forum very often

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Hi millie

As dudara said there are no active or expired bans against your account.
    There was a red card from a few months ago but that's expired now so maybe that's what you're remembering?

But as far as we can tell your account is good to go and you are fine to post. If you've specific queries on that card we can put you in touch with the mod from then but as above you're good to go here.

does this mean that I am not in prison anymore?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

You never were, that's only for sitebanned users.

• Advertisement

when I log in I got this message

You have been banned from the forums; this status means that you cannot post on the public forums & cannot send or receive messages. This is generally reserved for breaches of rules or guidelines.

You can check the "charter" of the forum you most recently posted in for potential breaches. If you think you have been unfairly or incorrectly banned from boards.ie - you can make your appeal in the Prison forum.

Moderator note: No reason was specified.
    Ban lifted: Never

also my post are not visible
    there is this message after I post a comment
    mille100piedi
    Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Can you post a screenshot of that message? It certainly appears to be the text of the siteban message, but clearly you're not sitebanned, since you've started this thread.

this was the message I got when I tried to log in

also my posts are invisible

• Advertisement

the message I receive after I post

there is also a red spot in my profile I am not sure it was there before

OK starting from the bottom.

Red Spot - that means you've updated your personal profile in user CP to appear offline.
    Posts not appearing - per the message in the Help Desk all user posts once a thread has been created have to be approved before they appear.

That screenshot - I have no idea.
    BUT - you are posting in the Help Desk - were you banned this would not be possible.
    You are clearly signed in and posting and your account shows no issues.

Suggest you try navigating to a different forum to see if you can see it and if you can indeed post.
    It could be an issue with your cookies, or possibly your PC was used by someone who is sitebanned or you attempted to sign in with their ID. - You may need to clear your PCs cookies/cache.

But again, we are not seeing anything wrong with your account and being able to post here supports that.

Unless - did you try to sign in with an account other than the one you are using here?
    If so what is the username and we can check that one out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

I got it too......try logging in......usually does the trick 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Dogwatch

I get that message when I use this link.. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=133

It goes away once I log in. It does not prevent me from logging in.

thank you,
    I received an email regarding a message I received from a member and I followed the link and I got that message about the prison, I tried to log in but I got the same message.
    Anyway now I can navigate in the forums I don't have anything to post at the moment
    Nobody used my pc.
    Thank you for your help!
    I hope I will not have any problem in the future your forum is very useful
    Have a nice day
    Stef

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭HanaleiJ5N

I also received a ban message after clicking reply to a thread on GAA!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,411 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I got the same for Ranting and Raving...before I logged in, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

I also got that same message after logging in, switched to the legacy site and everything is fine. On the latest version of the site, I can't click any links, or read my subscribed threads/pm's

• Advertisement

This increasingly sounds like a technical problem exists, and we need tech staff eyes on this.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Spear wrote: »
    This increasingly sounds like a technical problem exists, and we need tech staff eyes on this.

Knew there was a thread I missed (posting in, that is). Have let the guys know about this and we're looking into it. Will keep ye posted with any progress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭B_Wayne

Erm, I was just browsing and all of a sudden a message came up that I breached the charter, banned indefinitely from all forums. Seemed to then log me out. Then logged back in and everything seems fine again. Appears to have just been a random bug but thought I would just mention.

Boards.ie Employee

Thanks B_Wayne, seemed to be hitting quite a few people yesterday. Certainly something that we're trying to work out at the moment as it'll probably come as a bit of a shock to many that they've been banned all of a sudden! At least, as you said, there's an easy way to get around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Moved from Feedback.

tHB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

I got it as well today.

Boards.ie Employee

Afraid we're still unsure what's causing this...

The only way we've been able to replicate it so far is to try to access a private forum while logged out. Are you visiting the site for the first time when it happens? Have you been browsing? Are you trying to access a private forum / something listed in "My Threads"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭B_Wayne

Afraid we're still unsure what's causing this...

The only way we've been able to replicate it so far is to try to access a private forum while logged out. Are you visiting the site for the first time when it happens? Have you been browsing? Are you trying to access a private forum / something listed in "My Threads"?

Nope been browsing for a while. It does seem to happen as a result of choosing any forum from 'my threads' though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Hi guys, I'm getting an error message saying I've been banned from the site, reason: not specified
    Lifted: never then I'm signed out.
    When I sign back into my account I don't seem to be banned from any forums. I haven't been mean or taken part in any controversial topics in ages. What's going on?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Hi guys, I'm getting an error message saying I've been banned from the site, reason: not specified
    Lifted: never then I'm signed out.
    When I sign back into my account I don't seem to be banned from any forums. I haven't been mean or taken part in any controversial topics in ages. What's going on?

FEw people reported this earlier in the what's wrong with the site thread seems to be a bug

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement