Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrongly seeing ban message (was could you please let me know why I have been banned?)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,354 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

There's a load of posters reporting this today (not me thankfully!)

Some sort of a glitch.

I presume they're on it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Bug that was reported earlier in the what's wrong with the site thread

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Multiple threads on same topic merged together

• Closed Accounts Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Ferrari3600

I got same type of issue Lexieonrale refers to last night, I cleared cookies logged in again and was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

The only way we've been able to replicate it so far is to try to access a private forum while logged out.

It happens whenever you try to do anything which you would need to be logged in for, such as clicking on 'New Thread' or 'Quote' in a reply.

Used to be that you'd be taken to the 'Log-In' screen if you did that before but not so now, or at least not for me.

Never happens when logged in.

Boards_Error.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi all,

Very sorry about this, but thank you for letting us know. For the most part, it appears to happen when you need to be logged in to do something, as Outlaw Pete said. However, we've had some instances where people click on a forum from their followed threads (again, something personalised).

Looking into this and will keep ye updated.

Boards.ie Employee

Rolling out a new database setting, which will hopefully resolve this issue, but could take some time to filter through. Will be following up on it in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Hiya

I just logged on using my PC for the first time in a while and got the following message

"You have been banned from the forums; this status means that you cannot post on the public forums & cannot send or receive messages. This is generally reserved for breaches of rules or guidelines.

You can check the "charter" of the forum you most recently posted in for potential breaches. If you think you have been unfairly or incorrectly banned from boards.ie - you can make your appeal in the Prison forum.

Moderator note: No reason was specified.
    Ban lifted: Never"

I followed the directive to the Prison forum, totally mystified by what I am supposed to have done. Tried to start a thread and got a message that I didn't have permission to post in there. A few clicks and Im able to see my profile and I am hoping that this thread will demonstrate I can post

Is it a glitch for you guys to be made aware of?
    Is it a ban I got for boldness that got rescinded?
    Is it just one of those glitch in the matrix type things?

cheers

BBDBB

Boards.ie Employee

Hi BBDBB,

Unfortunately this is a known issue that a few users have been reporting. We have rolled out a new database setting, which we're hoping fixes it, but it could take a little while to filter through. Will be checking up on it in the morning. Sorry about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

No worries, I kinda like that bad boy image :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Merged into pre-existing thread

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Got this a few minutes ago as well. Logged in, no problem.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

HI guys, I got one of those 'banned' notifications myself yesterday which was quite a surprise, I thought I'd gone and banned myself somehow :) .
    I neglected to get a screenshot, but I see you have one already. I put it down to a new browser on my work PC - I closed the tab and re-opened boards from another tab and I've had no issues since.

Boards.ie Employee

Unfortunately it still seems to be an issue this morning. Back to the drawing board.

....Aaaanndd just as I write this, things seem to be better. If anyone is still encountering the Banned message, please let me know.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement