Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Value Car Wash

Options
  • 19-10-2016 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

What's the best one in this area? There's one for a fiver in blakestown. Surely up there!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

One for a fiver beside the graveyard in Mulhuddart too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,002 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

sm3ar wrote: »
    What's the best one in this area? There's one for a fiver in blakestown. Surely up there!

Where's that? Beside briarwood stores just on the junction there at scallywags Creche?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

there's one on the junction of Ongar Road and Shelerin Road that is around the fiver mark too. They're friendly and always do a good job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

If you want to do it on the cheap yourself the Applegreen garage on the Clonsilla Road is only €2. If you're speedy (really speedy :D) you'll get the car washed and looking grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,002 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

anniehoo wrote: »
    If you want to do it on the cheap yourself the Applegreen garage on the Clonsilla Road is only €2. If you're speedy (really speedy :D) you'll get the car washed and looking grand.
    Usain Bolt would not get a semi-dirty car done at Applegreen for 2€. Not a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

dodzy wrote: »
    Usain Bolt would not get a semi-dirty car done at Applegreen for 2€. Not a chance.

Yeah wouldnt wash it properly for €2. But easily done for €4

The one in Blakestown is good but I prefer applegreen as its not as busy and opening hours are more flexible

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

dodzy wrote: »

Didn't say it would be perfect but I've done it plenty of times for €2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭wandererz

Depends on what you consider "value".
    My wife couldn't stop talking about the great job the guys at Blanchardstown retail park did. The ones by the Waltons, 53 Degrees side of the retail park.

Apparently she took my car there a few times.

I went down there myself a day or two ago and waited in line behind a 151 Mercedes.
    That was until i saw them using a feckin BROOM to wash the cars! And the same broom being used to wash the bodywork as was just used to clean the wheels and bottom of the car.

I reversed out of there with people wondering why i changed my mind.

I had some asshole in Greystones do this to an almost perfect car a few years ago and ended up scratching the paintwork no end.

It happens once and you learn from it.

I don't understand people spending thousands or tens of thousands on a vehicle and then allowing these idiots to ruin it just because of better "value".

If the car is worth several hundred euro or has crap paintwork then take it through the cheapest carwash.

If the paintwork is in any way decent then do give some consideration to how it's cleaned and who cleans it.
    If one doesn't care, then don't bother taking it to a car wash regularly. Just save up and get it done about 3 times a year. Probably be less damaging over time than some cheap labour running a broom over it on a regular basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭yannakis

These guys are probably at the inner limits of D15 here https://goo.gl/maps/rqYNwJxpiA62 - can't remember the name off the top of my head right now..

€8 for a handwash, usually 2-3 guys finish you off in 3-5 minutes. Lately they also introduced a loyalty card where you get the 5th (or 6th) wash free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

I've found the car wash at the Aquatic Centre to be exceptional value.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ION08

I've found the car wash at the Aquatic Centre to be exceptional value.

Never knew there was one there!

How much is it? Do you have a link to a Facebook page or anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭wandererz

There's a new steam wash in coolmine industrial estate next to pro-parts and the Ford dealership.

It's washed by a guy using a high pressure steam cleaner.

I was passing by so i thought i would stop by. And i must say that i was very impressed.

€8 for a wash and the car was back to its regular spotless self.

They have a full menu of valet prices too, which are more expensive.

Will definitely be going back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

There's one behind the Centra in Woodview Grove. Quite cheap

Advertisement